October 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Morning all,

Yesterday did my grocery shopping and spend £42.00,would have been £45.00 had a £3.00 coupon I used.

Will be using what is in my freezers over the next few weeks and as I did not buy any cakes or biscuits yesterday I will need to make some later.

xx
    NSD January 3/15
    "Sealed Pot Challenge"#1416 £11.46/£500
    £2 Savers Club# £30.00
    Co-op Credit Card £2.00/£129.17
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,474
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Hi all,

Just popped in to update sig and declare a Mr S spend of £22.53 after £5 voucher:D

Well chuffed with myself as, I wrote a shopping list of things we NEEDED and apart from a chorizo at £1.50 from £3' stuck to my list - this is from the woman who would spend £120 pw on main shop, then top-up shop at least twice through the week:j:j

Fingers crossed the OS message is finally sinking in - a BIG thanks to all those who give so much advice and encouagement on the site:A xx

Roast pork etc for dinner, wm on washing hung out, off to tackle my first ebuy sale ad now....:o

Have a fab day all xx
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I was at waitro$e last night and spent £24.47. I managed to get my 3 for £2 on my sugar free flavoured water and 3 for 2 on my baked crisps with a good date. I picked up some fresh food too and a rotisserie chicken :naughty: but yummy. This will also do for dinner tonight for 3 people.

I forgot to say on Friday I nipped into M & S to get the half price Christmas cake so thats another £4.99.

I am planning on poping into HB this afternoon to replenish a few store cupboard items.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    It is a NSD for me :)

Managed to catch up on all my washing (happens once in a blue moon!) but think my tumble dryer is now dying judging by the awful smell that was coming from it and the almost glowing hot back to it:(
    I want to try and manage without getting another one, but when I use my airer, everything takes so long to dry that it almost starts to smell musty despite putting it near an open window for airflow and I am reluctant to put my heating on yet. It would not be so bad if we did not get through so many towels, I seem to have a washload full every day!

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Hi All,
    Managed not to do a full shop this week, as didn't need very much, just been to the Co-*p just for yogurts as we have none, I noticed that they had extra mature cheddar 400g buy one get one free, so I got 4 packs of this, to freeze. I will need to go shopping early next week as need few bits of veg and sandwich meat but thats about it. Roast leg of lamb for tea tonight, which was given to us free, so looking forward to that.

Not sure if this recipe is in the recipe index but I made for the first time this week Homity pie, which I thought was really tasty. Fry leeks and onions, add cooked potatoes diced, add in a handful of spring greens or kale or such like, and a little garlic, fry until kale is wilted. Put in a cooked pastry case. Mix 75g of cheese with 60ml of single cream, season and pour over the pastry case, then grate a further 75g of cheese on top and bake for 30 - 40 mins.

Have a good week everyone.
    2024 G/C £657.98. Nectar - £ Morrison’s - £ Boots - £ Asda Rewards - £ Tesco - £
  • 76rosie
    76rosie Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    13.19/50.00:j plenty of food around so think i'm on target!!!:T have been using coupons this week, perle le lait moc and goodfellas pizzas. So will try not to buy food in the week and eat out of cupboards.
    grocery challenge 9.86/60
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    pepsi-kins, I've added your Homity pie recipe to the index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Still waiting for my fee cheque so have only £3 odd to last until it arrives!! I have plenty of food in the freezer, fridge and cupboards and am just waiting for a nice roast dinner to cook.

My target this month is £350 but I am hoping not to spend that much as money is REALLY tight at the moment and I can't even begin to think about Christmas!

Got one of the free goodfellas pizzas yesterday in Sainsbobs and it was really nice - I was surprised! Also got a bar of basics dark chocolate so will make some millies cookies later for lunchboxes.

pepsi-kins that homity pie sounds lovely!!!

I made some pastry the other day and froze it so may have a go this week.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    sproggi wrote: »
    It is a NSD for me :)

Managed to catch up on all my washing (happens once in a blue moon!) but think my tumble dryer is now dying judging by the awful smell that was coming from it and the almost glowing hot back to it:(
    I want to try and manage without getting another one, but when I use my airer, everything takes so long to dry that it almost starts to smell musty despite putting it near an open window for airflow and I am reluctant to put my heating on yet. It would not be so bad if we did not get through so many towels, I seem to have a washload full every day!

Sproggi

my TD died about 18 months ago and we couldnt afford to replace it , since then ive managed really well , i dry outside whenever i can if not i use an airer or radiators if they are on , i made hanging space in the airing cupoard to put things needed more urgently. its a bit tiresome having washing all over ( and i have 2 teenage girls who would have 2 towels each a day . :eek:) i laid down a rule that they could only have 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel a week and they were responsible for drying it each day . so far its working well and has cut down on the towel wash considerably , just need to train them not put clothes in the wash they have only had on for 5 mins :o
    must have saved quite a bit on the leccy bill too :)
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,009
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    cant believe how well i've done so far this month(ok mostly by default as been so busy/tired i havent felt like going shoping)but still havent done my big shop yet :eek::A and while havent managed any nsd's spends have been really low £3.81 total since thurs bread/bananas/2pk sausage rolls

did spend £9 odd on a tin of formula today :eek: as didnt have enough to last till tommorow but not sure wether or not i'm gonna include that in the grocery budget or not yet

dont quite know how but I forgot its halloween at the end of the month :doh:which means 1/2 term & extra spends but I'm hoping that with the good start i've had to the month I shouldn't need to go over budget(well i can live in hope)

goodluck for a low spend week everyone
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure