Orchid V4, V4+ Programing Tool Support

Options

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    johnniegif wrote: »
    Do reset your clock though if you ever unplug it - use Kevin's spreadsheet & press F9 to update the programming string with the current time.
    Or use the manual method:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=1830574&postcount=2
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • I haven't a clue how to use a PC/laptop to alter my dialler. I've read through the thread & am still non the wiser.

Can someone explain in very simple but detailed terms please :o
  • Heinz
    edited 25 September 2010 at 8:13AM
    Options
    This is going to look a lot more difficult than it is. Follow it step by step.

You need to have Microsoft Excel (Open Office will not do) on your computer so you can open Kevin Lawry's spreadsheet with the macros enabled.

Alter columns B, C, G, H, I, J, K and L on the spreadsheet to suit your requirements (columns D and M change automatically to produce the programming strings).

Then connect your computer to the modem and the modem to the spare socket in your Orchid V4.

Then, one after the other, you just click on the 'Dial Carrier Code Table' and then the 'Dial Routing Tables' buttons (top left) to program your V4 with your Carriers and Routing Rules. You should hear and see on screen the Carrier strings and Routing strings being 'sent'.

The only other cell to change is cell C29 (you own STD code) and you'll then need to click on cell D29 and then the 'Dial Single Table Entry' button (top right) to send that to your V4.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Thanks Heinz. Could I just use a laptop?
  • Heinz
    Options
    Thanks Heinz. Could I just use a laptop?
    That's what I do (my laptop has a modem built in, my desktop doesn't).
  • I'll give it a try :)
  • Stephen7372
    Options
    Is it possible to program the box so that it puts a phone number in front of a mobile number and a hash at the end. I want to use voipgain.com for calling mobile numbers. To access voipgain I have to dial a London number instead of 18185 etc.
    Stephen
  • Stephen7372
    Options
    I can't get this bit.
    Then connect your computer to the modem and the modem to the spare socket in your Orchid V4. Do you have to connect the modem to the computer twice or just the once. I never find the right lead for the pesky dial up modem.
    Stephen
  • Heinz
    edited 7 October 2010 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Is it possible to program the box so that it puts a phone number in front of a mobile number and a hash at the end. I want to use voipgain.com for calling mobile numbers. To access voipgain I have to dial a London number instead of 18185 etc.
    No. You can make a London number one of your carriers but you will have to add the # to the end of the mobile number you're dialling if voipgain.com's system requires that.
    I can't get this bit.
    Then connect your computer to the modem and the modem to the spare socket in your Orchid V4. Do you have to connect the modem to the computer twice or just the once.
    Lead out of the computer to the modem, lead out of the modem to the V4, lead out of the V4 to *#* the phone socket.

*#* ADSL filter here if you have ADSL broadband.
  • Stephen7372
    Options
    Thanks let's hope I can get it to work :D
    Stephen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business