The giving up/cutting down alcohol support thread Part 8!

Options

Comments

• Miss_Piggy_2
    Miss_Piggy_2 Posts: 3,631 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Hope we are all ok?

Just wanted to pop on and say I'm leaving the thread. Don't worry, nothings wrong, in fact things are going quite well here. Its a combination of things really. I'm doing quite well on the AF front but am finding myself "thinking" about it too much, IYKWIM.

Piglet starts school in September so I will be at work during the day, and don't want to be sat on the pooter all night, so thought I ought to start weaning myself off :D (seeing as I seem to be sat on here all day!!!:eek:)

Will still pop onto facebook and anyone is very welcome to add me as a friend if they want to :). Or you can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.

Made some very good friends on here (you know who you are ;) ) and am very grateful for that. Just feel I need to concentrate on other things.

Good luck to everyone:T

Miss P & Piglet
    xxx
    **Keep Calm and Carry On!**
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Totally know what you mean Miss P

Take care and best wishes to you and Piglet

xx
  • mollypolly
    mollypolly Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Totally know what you mean Miss P

Take care and best wishes to you and Piglet

xx

Ditto from me too Miss P....I tend to read and run these days myself. Just so much going on:o

See you on Facebook and.....

Take care of YOU
    Love Mollypollyxxxx
    :happylove :happylove
    I'm back!!!!
    DMP starts 1st July 2015:T
    Dfd March 2021 (hoping to get there sooner )
    DMP mutual support group number 444
    Proud to be dealing with my debts at last :j
  • randomname_3
    Options
    Sorry to see you go MissP The thread can have that effect, I've noticed it myself. I do find though that I get more from it than I loose at present if you get my drift. Good luck for the future and stay strong.

RN
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    (Mark Twain)
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Miss_Piggy wrote: »
    Just wanted to pop on and say I'm leaving the thread. Don't worry, nothings wrong but am finding myself "thinking" about it too much, IYKWIM.

How very strange, this is exactly what I was about to post :eek:

but just like Miss P........
    miss_piggy wrote: »
    Will still pop onto facebook and anyone is very welcome to add me as a friend if they want to :). Or you can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.

All I ask is that you don't mention the thread or alcohol and I shall likewise not mention it on yours :D

I'm just having a break from all things MSE, seem to be spending too much time logging on here when I should be using my time more productively.

Off on my jollies on Saturday so will pop back when I get back and see how you're all doing :)

Good luck everyone, chow now :wave:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQK7_vh_BOuqU2nrQuFbbqotfW9HK43o20ircg2HJzgrDWJBw&t=1&usg=__93SosivHnRaB2oD6EnONG6BzoIE=
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • randomname_3
    randomname_3 Posts: 231 Forumite
    edited 11 August 2010 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Sorry to see you go Jo I shall miss your tittle tattle. Please be strong and don't slip.

RN

PS Have a great holiday, you deserve it.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    (Mark Twain)
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will be back after the hols RN, you can hold the fort on the tittle tattle for me ;)

I feel that today is a new start for me, for some reason *confused* and feel that I need to busy myself in other things rather than MSE/this thread.

Like Miss P, I have made some very special friends on this thread so can't leave forever :eek:

ETA: thanks for the good holiday wishes RN xx
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,704 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :wave:
    That's an 'au revoir' wave to Miss P and jo. I don't do Facebook so won't catch up with you there. This is a super thread but I do understand what you mean about addiction to computer, it can get in the way of RL. Anyway, thanks for all your chat and support, you're both lovely people that I'd choose to know in RL.:cry:

Personally, I think it helps me to keep coming back to make sure I don't slip. The thread has helped me to move from a bottle+ a night to 3/4 days AF each week and moderation on the days I choose to drink. Result!!
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    honeybear wrote: »
    Morning :)

Just poured away what wine I had left over & am going to try for an AF day

bearhugs

Well done you HB. Hope you are having a good day

love

NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Miss_Piggy wrote: »
    Morning all!

Hope we are all ok?

Just wanted to pop on and say I'm leaving the thread. Don't worry, nothings wrong, in fact things are going quite well here. Its a combination of things really. I'm doing quite well on the AF front but am finding myself "thinking" about it too much, IYKWIM.

Piglet starts school in September so I will be at work during the day, and don't want to be sat on the pooter all night, so thought I ought to start weaning myself off :D (seeing as I seem to be sat on here all day!!!:eek:)

Made some very good friends on here (you know who you are ;) ) and am very grateful for that. Just feel I need to concentrate on other things.

Good luck to everyone:T

Miss P & Piglet
    xxx

Hi Miss P

Have pm'd you but just wanted to wish you well, and say I will miss you.

love

NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport