Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Cheap Airport Parking Discussion (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Cheap Airport Parking Discussion
Views: 120,462
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 05-08-2008, 6:12 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

This thread is specifically to discuss the

Click reply to discuss

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-11-2008 at 1:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSE Archna For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Mine's a guinness
Old 06-08-2008, 7:55 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I can't access the Gatwick Airport discussion - no problems with other airports but need Gatwick. :confused:
The Following User Says Thank You to Mine's a guinness For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
mojo911
Old 06-08-2008, 8:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Take a motor cycle and park for free. Not useful if you're a family on holiday, but I often fly on business, and after being stung £90 for overnight parking at Luton Short Term I sought revenge by traveling light and taking the bike. You can park in Short Term then turn right - you willl see the bikes lined up just behind the fence as you go in. Take a ticket to open the barrier, then on your return drive through the pedestrian access. I change out of leathers and store them on the seat before covering the bike with a groundsheet. I believe other airports also offer free m/c parking.
The Following User Says Thank You to mojo911 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Inkiuk
Old 06-08-2008, 8:52 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Yeah I get the same problem!
# 5
Bob63
Old 06-08-2008, 9:04 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

To Mojo911's point yes - other airports offer free motorcycle parking. I have frequently used the parking at both Heathrow (all terminals) and Bristol.

But if I'm in the car I simply don't park. From where I live in Somerset to get to Heathrow I simply do one way car rental. The cost of having a car delivered to my house (or collected on the return journey) makes it cost-neutral when compared with the cost of parking for a trip of 5 days or longer. Factor in the convenience of a rental car plus the fact you aren't leaving your own car somewhere unknown for all that time and it is well worth it. I have been doing this for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob63 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
MSE Archna
Old 06-08-2008, 9:19 AM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi all,

Gatwick thread is now up and running. Sorry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to MSE Archna For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
hollydays
Old 06-08-2008, 9:20 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Is there a thread for east midlands,or is that too small to be included?
# 8
eslick
Old 06-08-2008, 9:34 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Have a look at these two

http://www.aph.com/partners/toysrus.htm
https://www.easyjet4parking.com/

Aph link was the cheapest for us from out local airport but easyjet have a price promise and gave a double the difference and therefore I was able to save £24 on the price. I emailed them first and they agreed to the Aph rate but when my father in law tried without emailing first they said it was a special offer and wouldnt honnor it so may be worth dropping them a mail first. But saying that Aph was the cheapest I could I could find by £12.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eslick For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Lindagreenacre
Old 06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Wink Try memberstravel

This is a website that I use for airport parking and have had no problems:

www.memberstravel.co.uk

We usually fly from Manchester or Leeds. I know they do not do Doncaster but think that they do most others.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lindagreenacre For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
DaLaw78
Old 06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have always used FHR for airport parking. If you book on their website BookFHR.com rather than use a comparison site they don't charge credit card fees

Also use Voucher code FHR-P2008 for £2.50 off.

Last edited by DaLaw78; 06-08-2008 at 12:15 PM.
# 11
Millydog
Old 06-08-2008, 1:14 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile Meet & Greet unbeatable!

We find that the best price of any at Gatwick is from these guys - and great service too!
www.gatwickmag.co.uk
The Following User Says Thank You to Millydog For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
trickyann
Old 06-08-2008, 1:47 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default cheap deal going direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLaw78 View Post
I have always used FHR for airport parking. If you book on their website BookFHR.com rather than use a comparison site they don't charge credit card fees

Also use Voucher code FHR-P2008 for £2.50 off.
Used the comparison sites then tried searching for the best deal direct. Quoted £56 on comparison site then booked direct with the same company Budget Airport Parking Manchester M31 4AX for £39.
The Following User Says Thank You to trickyann For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
s55shh
Old 06-08-2008, 3:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickyann View Post
Used the comparison sites then tried searching for the best deal direct. Quoted £56 on comparison site then booked direct with the same company Budget Airport Parking Manchester M31 4AX for £39.
Have you checked how far away M31 4AX is from the Airport?
# 14
turnred
Old 06-08-2008, 5:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool Discounted hotel and parking

If you book your airport hotel and or parking via the Saga website the price will usually be up to £5 cheaper than anywhere else. You do not need to be over 50 to do this! Just visit www. Saga.co.uk, select the Travel Shop tab and the Travel Extras from the menu on the left.
Happy hols.
# 15
wn5
Old 06-08-2008, 9:15 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Disabled parking at manchester airport more than doubled

just been quoted £78, were as it used to be £37, for a weeks disabled car parking opposite terminal 2. They dont do the deal any more were you could park in a disabled bay for a week at a reduced rate because they have had to make more disabled bays available, so that means charging less in more spaces and losing money, so they are charging the same price as the long stay now to make there money back
# 16
Luvmyfreebies
Old 07-08-2008, 11:09 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Just try Meet & Greet - you'll never use off-site parking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millydog View Post
We find that the best price of any at Gatwick is from these guys - and great service too!
www.gatwickmag.co.uk
We have used Meet & Greet parking at Gatwick for our last two family holidays abroad and I can't recommend it highly enough, especially if you are travelling with kids and/or lots of luggage. Having tried every form of off & on-site parking in the past I can't place a high enough value on the benefits of driving up to the terminal, off-loading your luggage, and then just handing over the car keys. It costs about £20 extra per week over the off-site method, and it's great VFM as far as we are concerned - especially when you are travelling at ungodly hours. Waiting for a bus at 2am, driving to a field 5 miles away, queueing up to get your keys back, then trying to find your car in the dark is a crappy way to end your holiday.

Just try Meet & Greet once, you'll never go back to any other method.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvmyfreebies For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
DaLaw78
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

If you've got loads of luggage you can always drop some people off at the airport with the luggage then one person can take the car round to the car park saving on the extra you pay for valet parking/meet & greet
# 18
TheViking
Old 07-08-2008, 6:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Beware of Rouge Parking Companies

Where ever you use airport parking you need to know where one of your most treasured and expensive possessions is being stored. It could be a back street in the local town or muddy field on a local farm. What sort of security are they offering? Someone has done all the work for you. Before you book anywhere I suggest you check to see if the company are members of the Safer Parking Scheme. This is managed by the British Parking Association on behalf of the Police Service. Every site has to pass an annual assessment covering a huge number of criteria. They also have a great website www.parkmark.co.uk. I never use car parks that do not have this award.
TheViking
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheViking For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
eslick
Old 08-08-2008, 9:40 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

AA members get up to 20% airport parking

http://www.theaa.com/membersclub/benefits/aph.html
The Following User Says Thank You to eslick For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
The Savage
Old 08-08-2008, 2:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile BAA Heathrow T4 - Book a longway ahead

I recently booked 4 weeks parking at BAA T4 On-Airport.
Booking 4 months ahead, I got 4wks parking for £105 ! Incredibly cheap - I'm sure that's better than 50% off!

I had shopped around on various websites, but the best deal was to call BAA direct.
Cheers!