Is Welcome Finance going bust?

Options

Comments

• GINA_2
    GINA_2 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    SOlOO
    Send thanx to you.
    Will now do that. Now confused! ( doesn't take much!)
    But Ts told me to keep paying token payments.
    What is happening to WF and Cattles? /Bn told no one prepared to take over WF debts as they have been fiddling the books.
  • Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can continue to make payments, but as they haven't responded to your CCA request, you can stop paying if you wish as the account is in dispute.

Did you send a £1 cheque or postal order? Has it been cashed?

Cattles is still in the same trouble it's been in for months. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/5029194/RBS-faces-500m-loss-on-Cattles.html
  • GINA_2
    Options
    Yes Soloo I sent £1 by signed for post, received bythem 20th Jan and £1 PO cashed 22nd Jan.
    Paying them £5 per month.
    Am still getting replies to complaint about the morons that called after 19:00 hrs on 16/17th December and screamed and shouted plus kicked our gate :mad: out saying they are still looking into it.
    I have sent all paperwork to FOS again as it's now 90 days (give xmas +Bhs.)
  • Sol00
    Options
    OK. Well if you are going to stop payment until the CCA arrives, I would definitely put in writing that you are taking this step until your CCA request is satisfied.
  • madmackhunter
    Options
    After serving a writ on them in person about 6 weeks ago,they agreed i could have a "payment holiday" as part compensation for all the hassle/loss of earnings ect.
    They today rang my solicitor saying they are revoking that agreement as,quote"they dont know if will still be trading,they might have to refer it to cattles or progressive finance in wales.
    Now thats a new one!!
    yet another company involved with cattles/rbs/welscum!!!:eek:
  • madmackhunter
    Options
    looks like welcome are spreading there wings and diversyfiying:A

Willaims Anderson, Welcome Finance Uk
    Return-Path: <welcomefinanceuk@unlimitedwaynet.com>
    Received: from 41.219.210.127, Nigeria, dial pool customers, netcomng.com
    Abuse contact persons: Navneet Singh, Plot 1261, Bishop Kale Close, off Saka Tinubu, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, phone: +234-1-804-9370, fax-no: +234-1-811-0301 e-mail: [navneets@starcomms.com] or Catalin Miclaus, Plot 1261C, Bishop Kale Close, off Saka Tinubu, phone: +234-7028000733, fax-no: +234-1-8110301 e-mail: [catalin@starcomms.com]
    From: "welcomefinanceuk" <welcomefinanceuk@unlimitedwaynet.com>
    Reply-To: [williams.anderson@ymail.com]
    Subject: Welcome Loan Services
    Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009

WELCOME FINANCE UK

DIV. PROGRESSIVE FINANCE LIMITED
    Registered in England No. 133540
    Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park,
    Woodhead Rd, Birstall, Batley WF17 9TD
    TEL+447023089578
    Email: [welcome.finance_mkt@yahoo.co.uk]
    Email: [williams.anderson@ymail.com]

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am Williams Anderson, Marketing Executive of Welcome Finance Company UK, a division of PROGRESSIVE FINANCE LIMITED located in Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Rd, Birstall, Batley WF17 9TD with business registered number Registered in England: No. 133540.

We offer Loans to serious Individual(s) and Organization(s) with low interest rate of 5% P/A and a maximum loan period of 3yrs with an additional option of a 2yrs rollover. Loan amount ranges from $10,000 minimum up to a maximum of $15million with world class standard facilities to make sure the funds gets to you at ease.

We deploy ATM cards combined with our additional online services as well as International Certified Bank Draft, both are casheable anywhere in the world within 24hrs of Loan approval. To make loan disbursement easy, we have Fund Release Centers in the following Countries to handle various regions:
    Asia- Thailand, UAE
    Europe -London, Holland, Spain
    America- California, Canada

Whichever country you come from is no problem as our staffs are competent in handling financial issues and giving you efficient Service. Mail back for our standard loan form to be mailed to [you.welcome.finance_mkt@yahoo.co.uk] or [williams.anderson@ymail.com office in London] +447023089578

Regards,
    Willaims Anderson
    Marketing Dept.
    Welcome Finance Uk
  • Sol00
    Options
    After serving a writ on them in person about 6 weeks ago,they agreed i could have a "payment holiday" as part compensation for all the hassle/loss of earnings ect.
    They today rang my solicitor saying they are revoking that agreement as,quote"they dont know if will still be trading,they might have to refer it to cattles or progressive finance in wales.
    Now thats a new one!!
    yet another company involved with cattles/rbs/welscum!!!:eek:

That's ridiculous!! Can they even do that?

Cattles is the parent company and Progressive is one of their companies, along with Welcome.
  • madmackhunter
    Options
    Well there you go sol.
    my brief said he is now confused.com like the rest of us.
    he said one legal way is to have them for maladministration.
    christ knows where we go from here!!:confused:
  • GINA_2
    Options
    Madmac/ Sol00

rang that number , got though to a place in INDIA!! said they were WF. But couldn't give me any terms as web site under reveiw and they were getting extra revenue fron different sources. I don't beleive a word they say. but it was a free call and I recorded it.
  • Sol00
    Options
    Welcome are full of bull Gina, I wouldn't believe a word any of their staff say!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure