Prepaid Cards

Options

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    NekoZombie wrote: »
    So how do you get round the car hiring issue Rich? Cash deposit?

Hi Neko, we always have to take one of our daughters with us, and she pays for the car with her credit card....;) ;)
  • NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Damn! What do single, barren people like me do? Can I borrow your daughter when I go on holiday? :D

Seriously - you might want to set up some sort of 'loaning' service. Could make a mint I'll bet!

EDIT: I suppose your daughter eats...this is already sounding more expensive than I initially thought :(
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Hi Neko, we always have to take one of our daughters with us, and she pays for the car with her credit card....;) ;)

I have had to leave a €500 cash deposit. :mad: :mad:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Damn! What do single, barren people like me do? Can I borrow your daughter when I go on holiday? :D

Seriously - you might want to set up some sort of 'loaning' service. Could make a mint I'll bet!

EDIT: I suppose your daughter eats...this is already sounding more expensive than I initially thought :(

I'm afraid so Neko,:rolleyes: and drinks like a fish; just like her mother.:D

Funnily enough, she split up with her boyfriend last year, and she was desperate to get away for a holiday, but all her friends had got partners and husbands at the time.

I'm sure you'd have got on well together, as long as you're a man hungry party animal.:D :D
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just out of interest, on Quidco just now, the SUN , is offering a pre pay card, £5 cash back and £5 on card with first 'top up'(min of £10). The cost for the card is £6.50, (minus the cash back = £1.50 outlay). Have not really read up on any of the other cards on offer so cannot comment on the charges................... might interest someone lol

Just had a look at this as I have decided to Quidco everything this year. But I have to say when I had a look the snob in me came out " but it's got the Sun emblazoned all over it, I can't use 'that'." *shakes her head in disgust at herself*
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Richard_S
    Options
    rog2 wrote: »
    I have had to leave a €500 cash deposit. :mad: :mad:

Hi Rog,

Italy must be different to Spain, because we couldn't even pay for the car on line with our pre-paid Mastercard, and the car hire place at the airport won't accept cash under any circumstances.
  • rog2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Richard_S wrote: »
    Hi Rog,

Italy must be different to Spain, because we couldn't even pay for the car on line with our pre-paid Mastercard, and the car hire place at the airport won't accept cash under any circumstances.

It probably is, Richard. :rolleyes: The annoying thing is that my mastercard was accepted when I paid on-line (through the BA website) for the actual hire - special offer of £105 for one week, yet was declined by 'Europcar' at Marco Polo airport at 11.00 pm - I had no alternative. :eek:

God it's cold.:snow_grin :snow_grin
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

• NekoZombie
    NekoZombie Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

God it's cold.:snow_grin :snow_grin

Still waiting for that snow everyone has been going on about...:rolleyes:
    BCSC Member 70:j
  • rog2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still waiting for that snow everyone has been going on about...:rolleyes:

I certainly hope it doesn't happen, NZ, as I need to 'drive' my delivery van through the lanes of Wiltshire. :rotfl: :rotfl:

They did say it would get milder tomorrow. :T

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I certainly hope it doesn't happen, NZ, as I need to 'drive' my delivery van through the lanes of Wiltshire. :rotfl: :rotfl:

They did say it would get milder tomorrow. :T

I have a 5 year old who is very anxious it does happen. He's stood at the window looking at the sky with tears in his eyes saying "please daddy when will it snow?"

But as you know Rog Wiltshire is an odd place for weather, it sometimes seems to have it's own micro climate to everything around it :)
    +
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business