Tesco BOGOF

mhoc
mhoc Posts: 19,262
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Not sure wether this belongs here so please can someone move me if I am in the wrong place.

The other day I was in Tesco buying Vegatable lasgne which is on a buy one and get one free offer. There was only one on the shelf so after I went through the till I asked customer service for a rainy day voucher (yes I know that I am the only perosn on the planet that calls them that!) so she gave me a slip which entitiled me to a free Vegetable lasgne when thye cmae back into stock.

So today I went into Tesco and picked up two packs, offer still on and went through the till. The voucher was accepted and £1.38 knocked off the bill. So I have actually bought one got two free!

I suppose everyone already knows this but its worth just checking all the BOGOF shelves just to see if there are any stray packs. Tesco have a polocy of continuous replenishment so I dont imagine it happens often.

Do any other stores give these slips out. I think Sainsburys do?

Mary
“Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”

Comments

• Paracaine
    Paracaine Posts: 108 Forumite
    mhoc wrote:
    Not sure wether this belongs here so please can someone move me if I am in the wrong place.

The other day I was in Tesco buying Vegatable lasgne which is on a buy one and get one free offer. There was only one on the shelf so after I went through the till I asked customer service for a rainy day voucher (yes I know that I am the only perosn on the planet that calls them that!) so she gave me a slip which entitiled me to a free Vegetable lasgne when thye cmae back into stock.

So today I went into Tesco and picked up two packs, offer still on and went through the till. The voucher was accepted and £1.38 knocked off the bill. So I have actually bought one got two free!

I suppose everyone already knows this but its worth just checking all the BOGOF shelves just to see if there are any stray packs. Tesco have a polocy of continuous replenishment so I dont imagine it happens often.

Do any other stores give these slips out. I think Sainsburys do?

Mary

!!!!!! is a rainy day voucher? :confused:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Cant think what they call them now maybe "product replacement vouchers". They are slips supermarkets are supposed to give you for instance if a product is on "one buy get one free" or "buy two get one free" offers and they have not got enough packs, you can ask for a slip to collect the missing one next time you are in store. Does that make any sense?

Mary
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • ben500
    ben500 Posts: 23,192 Forumite
    Paracaine wrote:
    !!!!!! is a rainy day voucher? :confused:
    They actually call them "raincheck vouchers" all Tesco stores should provide you with one on request, another one of their little public secrets if you know what I mean.

By the way "raincheck vouchers" apply to ANY offer Tesco run, in the event the item is not available yet on promotion you can request one, also make sure they don't put a limit on the voucher, if they do simply tell them "well actually I was going to buy 350 of these" or whatever figure suits you, Tesco policy is that you should not be disadvantaged by understocking, again raincheck vouchers can be monitored by head office in so much as when you use them out of promo time a special code has to be input into the system and this highlights the fact that stock levels were not maintained for the promotional period yet another disincentive to store managers to follow policy!

Would you want to willingly point out your mistakes?
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
  • bright_side
    bright_side Posts: 1,799
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Been shopping at tesco forever and I never knew they did this!!
    Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty - the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass :)
  • Paracaine
    Paracaine Posts: 108 Forumite
    Interesting...
  • wolfytom
    wolfytom Posts: 30 Forumite
    mhoc wrote:
    The other day I was in Tesco buying Vegatable lasgne which is on a buy one and get one free offer. There was only one on the shelf so after I went through the till I asked customer service for a rainy day voucher so she gave me a slip which entitiled me to a free Vegetable lasgne when thye cmae back into stock.

Mary

Isn't that dishonest at least and deception at worst?
  • ben500
    wolfytom wrote:
    Isn't that dishonest at least and deception at worst?

No dishonesty, no deception, the offer of payment was made and accepted end of story, you could produce a dustbin lid and two kipper bones in payment for your goods if they accept a sale is made if they refuse it isn't.
    The only difference is you are less likely to have your offer accepted if you choose my chosen payment option.

• Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    karen23 wrote:
    Been shopping at tesco forever and I never knew they did this!!

Me neither and I am now well and truly ticked off. I tried to buy some wine on special two weeks ago. They had none. If I had known this then I would have been able to get the voucher. Of course, no-one told me.

I won't be so foolish again and I will be speaking to the manager on Saturday about this.
  • pinkonion
    pinkonion Posts: 354 Forumite
    I never knew about this. It's most useful especially as my local Tesco is poorly stocked.

Does this only apply to BOGOF's or can I ask for one when I see an offer on the edge of the shelf with no product?

Cheers :)
  • ben500
    pinkonion wrote:
    I never knew about this. It's most useful especially as my local Tesco is poorly stocked.

Does this only apply to BOGOF's or can I ask for one when I see an offer on the edge of the shelf with no product?

Cheers :)

It applies to all their promotions.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport