£1 Hoxton hotel rooms

Options
02 October 2007

What's it about?

A hotel in Hoxton, London is offering rooms for £1 a night for bookings between 5 October to 31 January. The price even includes breakfast! There are 595 rooms at the special rate, and you can book them online from 12pm Thursday 04 October 2007. It is very likely these will all be gone by 12.30pm at the latest so ensure you get the timing right.

At that price surely the rooms can't be that good?

See for yourself. Check out the hotel's photo gallery.

Why the hurry if they're not available yet?

The hotel have run this £1 offer four times before and the rooms went like proverbial hotcakes. This time nearly 600 rooms will be offered at £1 so if you are looking to stay in London between October and January, then get online at 12am sharp (or better still from about 15 mins before)

What if I can't get a £1 room?

Once the £1 rooms are sold out for a particular night the next cheapest is £29, still not a particularly bad price for a room in London.

Also see the full Cheap Hotels for lots more options

Martin

P.S. This discussion was originally started by the poster immediately below. This entry has been inserted so I can put an official, fully researched MoneySavingExpert.com explanation at the top. Thank you to Mandles for spotting the offer.

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/

The £1 Hoxton rooms are back, so get youre bags packed!
    Make sure that you are on the mailing list .
    I've stayed twice for £1 & its a really nice modern hotel with really nice rooms so i recommend it to everyone.No hotel prices for stuff you buy at reception and free bottled water.
    Thanks agent-c for update.

From Hoxton site;

"On 4th October at 12:00 noon we will release 595 rooms at £1 and 595 rooms at £29, available only on our website for dates between the 5th October 07 – 31st January 2008.
    During our last sale, we sold over 1200 rooms in 27 minutes and we had over 100,000 people trying to book these rooms. Given this huge amount of interest you may not get a room for either a £1 or £29. However, we will have rooms available from £59 and great deals over the Christmas period and January. New Years Eve is available from an extraordinary £99.
    To make the sale as fair as possible all the usual rules apply, you are onlyone room, for one night at a £1. If we find anyone misbehaving we will cancel all their bookings (and definitely no free Beer).
    Our software has been improved since the last sale (fingers and toes crossed…) but the booking system is still the same, hence the room is not yours until you receive a confirmation number by e-mail. To help make the process easier and to try and reduce confusion please read our step-by-step guide (below) of how to book."

Hope lots of you got a room.I didn't :mad: .never mind i'll try in another 6 months.
  • TBeckett100
    Options
    so n ot worth the stress
  • mountainchrisriver
    Options
  • xLolahx
    Options
    thanks for letting us know!
    :hello:
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Posted in the Travel forum

Add yourself to the mailing list to get notification of when.

Our Famous £1 Room Offer is Back!
    Starting again very, very soon, you'll be able to book a room at the Hoxton for just £1. People on our mailing list will be the first to know about the offer.

Hoxton

And when it is time to reserve use the HTML link
  • blindman
    Options
    Only took 3 hours to fall of the first page.
  • tawecdl
    tawecdl Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Any idea when this will start?
    :j
  • denikon
    Options
    £1 rooms at The Hoxton back again soon

The Hoxton (London) are having another £1 room sale.

The sale hasn't begun yet, and they don't say when it will so this is just a heads up.
    I managed to take advantage of the offer last time and it is a great hotel

If you want to visit London. Don`t miss this.

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com/
    :dance: sharing, caring, saving club :dance:
  • user051105
    Options
    We are off to the Hoxton on Sunday for the night, if you are lucky to get a 1 room and live in a megabus area you can go to london for the night for £5.50 as we are.
    Debt Free Wannabee - Updated 13/08/2007
    Barclaycard - [strike]£3002[/strike] now £1712 Mortgage - £84,393 - Paid in 340 months time.
  • blindman
    Options
    tawecdl wrote: »
    Any idea when this will start?

I think my post says it all.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing