£1 Hoxton hotel rooms

Options

Comments

• tashamarie70
    Options
    if its just a infant then you book 2 adults and then at end of booking in end box just state youll be bringing a infant
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    zaitoon wrote: »
    Blindman, i thought the whole point of this thread was to help people, not be sarcastic!
    As you can see i,m new to all of this and i did have a quick look at their web site the other day but couldn,t see the revelant info.
    Just thought it would be easier to ask on here as people will have been before to this hotel and would know. When i joined yesterday i read ask away it dosn,t matter how silly you think your question is people will help but dont think i,ll bother again if there all like you.
    Don't worry about it.We all have comments like that said to us at some point on here so don't let it get to you.The majority will just give you an answer.
    I must admit i wouldn't ring to find out , i will always look at the site and this site does not make it that clear until you go into the booking process where it then tells you that you need 2 rooms for 2 adults and 2 children.
    Hope this helps .
  • ellybelly89
    ellybelly89 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    here's hoping i'll be lucky this time :)
  • gyinnit
    gyinnit Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    I just returned from my £29 stay from the last sale. It was my first time at the Hoxton and thought it was excellence value for what you go, beds were soo comfy!

Although, I saw that you would have to change too often on the underground to get to the west end, so I went to the bus stop (not the one outside the hotel which only runs at night), but on Old Street before you get to the tube station, and the 243 bus goes to Holborn station/ aldwych, perfect for the west end. The bus took 15 mins to get to Holborn station and cost me £1 (although now its only 90p).

Now going to see if I can get a room in this sale, for when I go to see the Spice Girls in December!
    Options
    I was lucky enough to recently stay there for a £1, and it was great. We took our four year old, I emailed them prior to the visit and called them on the day as well just to check.

The only slight negative with this is that there is not much floorspace left once the extra bed is in, but it didn't matter to us, we loved it there. :T

HTH!
  • ksh123
    ksh123 Posts: 1,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    does anyone know if they have any twin bedded rooms at all or are they all doubles? secondly, can you try to book a £1 room and a £29 room at the same time? I realise you can't book 2 £1 rooms but wondered if it was possible to do this?
    thanks
    Stop looking for answers....
    The most you can hope for are clues.....:)
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Theyre going to be renting rooms out "for a few hours" during the day.....cant imagine what you could use the room for.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Froggitt wrote: »
    Theyre going to be renting rooms out "for a few hours" during the day.....cant imagine what you could use the room for.

Sounds like fun ... :p;):p
    Gone ... or have I?
  • STAR_BUCK
    STAR_BUCK Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    Just had the following email!

Hello again,
    On the 4th October at 12:00 noon our own version of Oktoberfest will commence. Sadly, there is no free beer up for grabs but even more bargains than before! This will be our biggest release of rooms yet - 595 rooms at £1 and 595 rooms at £29, available only on our website for dates between the 5th October '07 - 31st January '08.
    During our last sale, we sold over 1200 rooms in 27 minutes and we had over 100,000 people trying to book these rooms. Given this huge amount of interest you may not get a room for either a £1 or £29. However, we will have rooms available from £59 and great deals over the Christmas period and January. New Years Eve is available from an extraordinary £99.
    To make the sale as fair as possible all the usual rules apply, you are ONLY allowed to book one room, for one night at a £1. If we find anyone misbehaving we will cancel all their bookings (and definitely no free Beer).
    Our software has been improved since the last sale (fingers and toes crossed...) but the booking system is still the same, hence the room is not yours until you receive a confirmation number by e-mail. To help make the process easier and to try and reduce confusion we have provided a clear
    step-by-step guide of how to book. The quicker you are the likelier that you will be successful.
    Good luck!

:j
  • curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not exactly a grabbit, but while we're on the subject of London hotels to be done on the cheap, we've just booked to stay at the brand new Travelodge on City road ( 450 yards from Old st tube station on the Northern line I believe ) for £26 per night in November. You need to play about with the dates to get it this cheap and we're staying for 3 nights from Friday to Monday ( total cost £78 )..hope this helps anyone.

We've done the same, £26, it's the same distance from Old St as the Hoxton and is a bit better for younger kids (not quite as trendy but has got family rooms), full english buffet breakfast for £6.75 and the kids eat free, that's me sorted with my £6 return Virgin train tickets ;)

I'll be returning to the Hoxton in the near future though as it's a fab hotel...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure