Free Minicruise Giveaway from Newcastle to Stavanger (Just pay £6 Fuel Supplement)

Options
I posted this on the Holiday Forum, however it is sure to go quick so may be best on here.

To celebrate summer we'd like to invite you on board the QUEEN OF SCANDINAVIA for a short break to Stavanger in Norway sailing from Newcastle in August and September.

Enjoy our unique maritime experience and a taste of Stavanger - all you have to pay is the Fuel surcharge and the Norwegian Environmental charge (£6 per person - see below)

Sailing on a Sunday and returning on a Tuesday between 12th August and 23rd September there's a whole host of things to do on board.

You get a short time to see Stavanger before returning to the ship for your cruise back home.

• 2 nights onboard ship in a Seaways class cabin of your choice
• Live entertainment on board

http://www.dfds.co.uk/DSW/EN/Travel/...r_Giveaway.h

Comments

• Kunster_2
    Kunster_2 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone booked?
  • Jiffycom
    Jiffycom Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    I just booked! Thanks!

Edit: Don't forget your Quidco! Only 3-5% so I'm not too upset I forgot mine.
    if i had known then what i know now
  • iwantitnow
    iwantitnow Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    If 4 of you are going you can even book a cabin each and will still only cost you £6
  • vishal_2
    vishal_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I did this earlier in the year on the Princess of Norway. Excellent value and a great mini cruise :)
  • deekmcc
    deekmcc Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Just booked 2 cabins with sea view for £12 , that's a cabin for for up to 4 people each, no supplements , thanks to op.
  • Pottermuss
    Pottermuss Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Seems a long way to go for a 2 1/2 hr wander round Stavanger, still better to travel than to arrive.
    :o Tasty fish
  • lorraine_9
    Options
    That's exactly what i was thinking, it's not worth travelling all that way for 2.5 hours in the place. Would rather pay the extra and stay a bit longer.:confused:
  • dog1
    dog1 Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    Remember to add £16 if you require car parking during your break :wink:

Are there car parking facilities at the UK ports?
    transparent.giftransparent.giftransparent.gifAre there car parking facilities at the UK ports?

At Harwich:
    Secure car parking is available at the terminal. Parking costs £7 per 24 hours and payment is made at the machine on exit.
    For a 2 night City Cruise Break the cost of parking is normally £14.
    At Newcastle:
    Secure car parking is available at the terminal. The car park charges are £8 per 24 hours.
    For a 2 night City Cruise Break to Amsterdam the cost is £16, and for a 3 night City Cruise Break to Bergen the cost is £24. Payment is made on entry to the car park.

transparent.gif
  • glo1967
    glo1967 Posts: 230 Forumite
    Options
    I have done this trip on this vessel. It is a good round trip providing the sea isn't too rough.
    Sailing times: Depart Newcastle Sundays 2300hrs, arrive Stavanger Monday 2030hrs, depart Stavanger 2300hrs, arrive Newcastle 1630hrs.
    For those who don't know the departure area it is signposted from the Tyne Tunnel, approx 5-10mins drive from the tunnel.
    HOW TO SAVE MONEY - LEAVE TEENAGE DAUGHTERS AT HOME WHEN SHOPPING
  • nordberg
    nordberg Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    By the time you've included your meals etc and taking into account the actual time you will be able to spend in Norway, it becomes much less attractive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure