Virgin Lobster mobile phone with built in DAB and TV

Options
ayaaz007
ayaaz007 Posts: 17 Forumite
Hi all,

Just ordered the virgin lobster TV phone. More info here:
http://www.radio-now.co.uk/virgin_lobster_tv_DAB_phone.htm

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewProduct.do?productId=270E365D-DE51-40C9-A1F9-C875204C9950

only £50 but with a combination of discount codes it can come down to £42.50
Can be picked up for £19.99 refurbished.

the phone is on pay as you go, you get given 200minutes worth of free calls, 100 minutes this month and 100 next month, the simcard also comes with £5 call credit. you can even listen dab radio as its got a built-in tuner!! so its a bargain just for the DAB tuner.

you buy it, use up your free minutes and sell it on ebay later!!!

let me know if any of you take up this offer.

Regards

Ayaaz

Comments

• tightus_wad
    tightus_wad Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    don't forget quidco! and virgin credit card..
  • Jimble
    Jimble Posts: 394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    is it just me or is that really !!!!!!
  • quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    Options
    Where is it????
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • quidsinquentin
    quidsinquentin Posts: 42,693 Forumite
    Options
    Found it. Ta.
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • james10999
    james10999 Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    try going here for a 25% discount to bring the phone down to £40!

REMOVED TO STOP PEOPLE USING STAFF DISCOUNT CODE - DID NOT REALISE THIS WAS THE CASE.
    Mortgage as Sept 2012: £96,000
    Mortgage free: When i'm 39 / Sept 2023

Mortgage repayment = £588
    Tracker Rate 1.99% above base: 2.49%
  • zel69
    zel69 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Just ordered the lobster, the best way is to go via the quidco site and when you get to your basket, enter the code that is give in the post above and you should get it for £40.48 plus 9% quidco(about £4), it worked for me. Good toy to play with and when bored ebay it. HTH:T
  • sjpkgp
    sjpkgp Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    Very grateful for anyone who can answer my questions.

Does anyone know whether this virgin phone would "cope" with putting in the £10 a month contract virgin simcard that was provided with the telewest Lobster 575. My daft 9 yr old son washed his lobster in the washing machine but the simcard works in my very basic nokia PAYG virgin phone.

My area is not one for DAB radio (a nice expensive mistake I made 12 months ago) but surely, anywhere you were, it would pick up the DAB signal, so in theory, if I was in a place other than home, I could listen ?

When it says it comes with 30mb memory for pictures and tunes, you can supplement this - i take it with the standard memory cards, so I could buy a 2gig one and treat this as an MP3 player ?

I realise the phones board might have something more on it, but it looks a great deal if it can do what I want it to

Thanks
    Sal x
  • trl002
    trl002 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Options
    good deal....open quicdo and the other link and just reload the quidco link page thats how i did it.
  • imsi
    imsi Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zel69 wrote: »
    Just ordered the lobster, the best way is to go via the quidco site and when you get to your basket, enter the code that is give in the post above and you should get it for £40.48 plus 9% quidco(about £4), it worked for me. Good toy to play with and when bored ebay it. HTH:T

When I go through Quidco I don't get a voucher code box on my basket page.
    Everyone else getting it?
    Edit: Followed trl002's advice-it worked fine, I think
  • zel69
    zel69 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    I've just tried it again and it didnt work:mad: .I'm sure thats the way I did it as I was messing about trying to get them both to work:confused: Sorry if it doesn't work will keep looking though:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure