Amazon Under £15 Free Delivery Loophole

Options

Comments

• Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Thanks so much!

I have just ordered the freebie and the new Thrifty book on pre-order. Selected dispatch when available and should of been £17.99 just for the shipping...total order including the 2 books and 2 lots of postage £3.99

Thanks

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • everythingblogcast
    Options
    Thanks Martin,

Just order the book and a Halo book, just costed me the amount of the book.
  • puafab
    Options
    Just ordered the book and express delivery thanks :)
  • everythingblogcast
    Options
    I just got 1st class, how did you get express delivery.
  • michael_iain_elliott
    Options
    Thanks for this Martin, bit slow off the mark though hehe... helped me a lot though...

Had a few French books to get for my course that I'd forgotten about, and needed them for the next day, but I rather balked at the idea of paying £8.99 for next-day delivery... so added this for free and presto, got them last Tuesday at 9.30am! Just in time for me to get to Uni, and show everyone that I hadn't read the damn books!!!! LOL

But it did work for over £8.99, cause my three French books came to £23.45 (and I had 4x £5.00 Amazon vouchers as well, for my pains at Valued Opinions! Oh Yeah!)

So cheers again, and keep em coming!

Mike
    MSE: It's grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :beer:
  • Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just got 1st class, how did you get express delivery.

You should have been able to change the type of delivery you wanted on checkout.If not try going back to your account and changing it there if it's still an open order:)
    Darren
  • everythingblogcast
    Options
    Dalkirst wrote:
    You should have been able to change the type of delivery you wanted on checkout.If not try going back to your account and changing it there if it's still an open order:)

It just had the 1st class, no express. It could be because the other book was under £7. lol.
  • lynxptc
    lynxptc Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    looby75 wrote:
    Sorry to be a wet blanket and all that but don't you think that's taking advantage of the loophole a bit too much though :(

It's stuff like thats more likely to get Amazon to close down the loophole alltogether then everyone else misses out.

I don't think it is. I've just ordered a small book using the "loophole" and they wanted to charge £8.99 for next day delivery when in fact it would only cost around £4.50 I think it is for next day Royal Mail Special. All the extra money they are making from people using this next day service, I think we should use the opportunity to get some of it back!
  • daynum
    daynum Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Just did an order, it worked great. Thanks for the tip!
  • Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And also remember like i said above alot of us ordered the keyboard and mouse from them last week and got free next day express delivery for free.If they weren't happy about it they could have stopped it by now;)
    Darren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport