Save 45% on .com, .org and .net addresses. Grab your own personal domain

Options
What's the deal?

If you've ever considered owning and building a website, it's worth checking out 123-reg.co.uk before 17 December as you'll receive 45% discount on .com, .org and .net addresses.

If you're happy to opt for a .co.uk domain, this is also available at a standard price of £2.59

Why would I want a domain?

This is a cheap way to get a website if you've been planning to set one up for business or personal use.

How do I find the domain I want?

Simply type in the name you would like your website to be into the 'domain search' which is right in the middle of the page. A list of possible domains will then appear indicating the availability, cost per year and length of time you're guaranteed this price (i.e. 2 years).

Ts & Cs

Before you make a purchase read the Terms and Conditions

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We did this today. We bought two domains, a .com and a .co.uk
    We are thinking ahead into a new venture.

Will be scouring your site for tips on how to proceed too!
    Thanks. :j
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • johndhuk
    johndhuk Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

The UK companies are normally very overpriced for these domains, you can actually find cheaper than this. Also, I am not sure that the reduced price even includes VAT, if you look at normal prices it says they are all excluding VAT.

I used http://www.fxdomains.com last time and have had no problems with them, presently they are $6.95 for a .com and you can even pay by PayPal! .net and .org are $8.75, so comparable.

The .com is the equivalent of £3.63 when I just checked using PayPal! You can use credit card too but I don't know the rate or if there would be any other fees.

They are on offer at the moment, but only by 90 cents, even without this they are very cheap. There may well be companies even cheaper, but I know these are reliable.

Hope this helps.
  • buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

On 123 reg, Quidco also seem to be offering £1 for domain registration!

http://www.quidco.com/123-reg-co-uk/

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • cigar_2
    cigar_2 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Lycos are currently selling .uk domains for £1 (ex VAT for first year only).

You have to pay for 2 years at a time (as you do from anyone selling .co.uk domains) - the first 2 years are £3.51 (inc VAT) then it is £4.68 (inc VAT) every two years after that.

See here for the code you need (it's on Lycos website also)
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    did u know if you have a $5000 setup fee usa domain account then you get domain reg for $1 per year.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • lightbulb
    Options
    If you are thinking about getting a domain but not sure and want to search its availability..try to avoid doing it from the search on a domain registrar's site. There are some who check the search results and will buy up good looking/lucrative domains should they not be purchased soon after the search. You may return to buy the domain only to find it has bee snapped up and hosting a holding page with adverts and a sign saying "This domain is for sale".

I usually search for the availability of a domain directly at the main registries.

For a .aero, .arpa, .biz, .cat, .com, .coop, .edu, .info, .int, .jobs, .mobi, .museum, .name, .net, .org, .pro, and .travel domain, search from http://www.internic.org/whois.html

For a .co.uk, .plc.uk or .me.uk, I use the WHOIS search near the upper right corner of the white area of http://www.nominet.org.uk/

There are also downloadable tools that let you enter a domain name into them and they will trawl the registry sites for you instead of having to open the browser. Geek tools has a whois search program if i remember correctly.

HTH :)
  • WelshLamb
    Options
    I may sound a bit thick here but....what do you actually need to do after buying a domain name? Do you need something special to set up a webpage or can it be done easily with a bit of patience.

e.g if i was to buy one for my husband, what will he need to do to set it up?:o
    ;)
  • Chuffy
    Chuffy Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    Options
    I have a domain via 1&1 which cost me £1.99 per year + vat for 2 years. Total, £4.68, however £2 cashback via Quidco so cost per year £1.34.
    I only use it for catch all and forwarding email addresses to my gmail account anyway so hosting not an issue for me.
  • flang
    flang Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    Chuffy wrote:
    I have a domain via 1&1 which cost me £1.99 per year + vat for 2 years. Total, £4.68, however £2 cashback via Quidco so cost per year £1.34.
    I only use it for catch all and forwarding email addresses to my gmail account anyway so hosting not an issue for me.
    Another one and one customer here!
    excellent value for money!
  • lellie
    lellie Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Options
    If you register a domain through fasthosts (UK Reg) you get £3 back. I've always used them for domain registration as they're really easy to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure