🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Nationwide Cash Card +

Options
Hi All,

I have just had a letter from Nationwide, they say all cash card holders are to be upgrdaded to a cash card plus! Does this mean that they are finally going to give out a Visa Debit card?????

Anyone know what the real crack is?

Thanks

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    See http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_account/card-changes2.htm

Please note: cash card+ cannot be used to withdraw cash from cash machines abroad
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mattlfc79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have just had a letter from Nationwide, they say all cash card holders are to be upgrdaded to a cash card plus! Does this mean that they are finally going to give out a Visa Debit card?????

Anyone know what the real crack is?

Thanks
    It is a limited Visa Debit i.e. can't be used at Pay Pumps and on board Trains etc, mcuh better than nothing of course.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • mattlfc79
    mattlfc79 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Proliant, is it the same as the Barclays cashminder Visa Debit then?
    Options
    mattlfc79 wrote: »
    Thanks Proliant, is it the same as the Barclays cashminder Visa Debit then?

It's a Co-op Cashminder, not Barclays cashminder.

Nationwide's new Visa debit is just like other debit cards at other banks, who offer basic bank accounts.
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My brother is totally gutted about this, he closed his account a few weeks ago because of the fact they did not offer a debit card.

Then within a few weeks they anounce they will now start to issue them to cash card customers :rotfl:
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • onlypaddy
    onlypaddy Posts: 991 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    this is slightly weird for me - I used to have a cash card account up until 7th February, at which point I upgraded it to a full Visa Debit card account.

Got the nice new Visa Debit a week or so later and got rid of the old cashcard....yet I've still received one of these letters.

Just slow systems do you think, or have they downgraded me again? Hope my Visa debit doesnt stop working, I'm living in Germany at the mo!
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    onlypaddy wrote: »
    this is slightly weird for me - I used to have a cash card account up until 7th February, at which point I upgraded it to a full Visa Debit card account.

Got the nice new Visa Debit a week or so later and got rid of the old cashcard....yet I've still received one of these letters.

Just slow systems do you think, or have they downgraded me again? Hope my Visa debit doesnt stop working, I'm living in Germany at the mo!

Are you sure your cash account isnt still open? hence recieving the letter.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • onlypaddy
    onlypaddy Posts: 991 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    its the same account but i just have the upgraded full card now
    Debts at LBM (May '08) £5760 - Lloyds CC £4260, Lloyds OD £1500;
    Debts as of May 28th 2011:
    Santander CC: £0.00
    Lloyds OD : £0.00
    DFW Nerd #1247 - Proudly dealt with my Debts :D Olympic 2012 Challenge #12
  • frannyann
    frannyann Posts: 10,970 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am a little confused by this, I have a cashpoint card but have not recieved any letter. I don't want a debit card, I budget using cash drawn out of the cash point. I know I am dangerous with debit cards, therefore have made a decision not to have one, and stuck to that for nearly 20 years!! Can I ask for just a cash card or am I stuck? A big part of Nationwides appeal has been the ability to take cash out abroad, is this completely lost now??
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    frannyann wrote: »
    I am a little confused by this, I have a cashpoint card but have not recieved any letter. I don't want a debit card, I budget using cash drawn out of the cash point. I know I am dangerous with debit cards, therefore have made a decision not to have one, and stuck to that for nearly 20 years!! Can I ask for just a cash card or am I stuck? A big part of Nationwides appeal has been the ability to take cash out abroad, is this completely lost now??
    See Replacement of cash card with cash card+ for customers in receipt of letter CC01 for full details.

If you haven't received the letter, it may be worth checking with your branch - the odd wording of title of the letter, "....for customers in receipt of letter CC01" suggests the possibility that the change may only be applicable to some, rather than all Cashcard holders
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport