The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

How about having a great student discount hunt with the new term coming up - hopefully I will qualify for them then as I am looking to do a hunt and it would be useful to have all the discounts in one place

Note from martin: I love this idea and have therefore adopted it and made it an 'official' great hunt. It will be in this week's Martin's Money Tip. Hope you don't mind.

Edit by board guide: See also the Discounted Newspapers for Students thread.

threadbanner.gif
Always on the lookout

Comments

• 5% off Maplin

10% off HMV, Faith (Girls Shoes), 10 % off Dorothy Perkins

10% off Subway (Sandwiches)
    Charles J
  • You can go to https://www.nusonline.so.uk to get a full list of discounts. My uni issues its own ID numbers so i can't access the on-line site. if someone could login with their valid student id number and post the discount list here that would be really grand - Thanks in advance.
    Charles J
  • kabie
    kabie Posts: 537 Forumite
    Millets 10%
    PC world 10% (have to have bought a pc from them though and then they give you a card)
  • La Senza 10% ;)
    Top Shop 10%
    Habitat 5 or 10% (can;t remember)

Its best to ask in EVERY shop, as they don't seem to advertise that they do student discounts.
    No links in signatures by site rules - Forum Team 2
  • My favourite is 10% or 15% (Only with Snapfax)discout at evolution shoe shop division street sheffield.
    Also Oasis 10%
    Miss Selfrige 10%
    Pilot 10%
    Virgin 10% (Ithink)

Also watch out for special events at Blackwells book shops on special days 10% off all books, really good as thats the only place I can get most of my books

Also m,ust get a Yellow Card to use in Yellow/Scream pubs it £1 +NUS for a whole year for cheaper drinks - its amazing ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • trashgirl
    trashgirl Posts: 10 Forumite
    :o I didnt know you could get student discount in all of those shops! Ive only ever seen it advertised in Topshop, I really must start asking! Do you have to have a NUS card or is any card that proves your a student ok?
    ~anything but ordinary~
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Dorothy Perkins 10% I THINK
    Special deals at Burger King
    and of course any good moneysaving student will get a national express student card and get loadsamoney off travel ;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • odeon cinemas i think give student discounts ...
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    worth remembering is that dorothy perkins do barrats (sp?) shoes - so you can see the ones you like in barrets, order them from DPs (if they don;t already have them) and get 10% off.
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • crana9
    crana9 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Partners 10% off

Co-op do a 5% off card for students you have to show with your NUS card, but they are a bit hard to get hold of(and sometimes even use) as some branches don't seem to have heard of them... they do work though even in stupid branches ;)

I got mine from the Co-op in sherwood, nottingham if that helps anyone.

they are orange iwth a pattern of spaghetti loops and you get 5% off your shopping - whoops dividend's !!!!!! ;)
    They call me Mr Pig!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure