MSE news: Tesco boosts Clubcard rewards scheme

Options
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE news story:

"Tesco Clubcard holders will soon get double points on all spending at the store, after the supermarket giant revamped its loyalty card scheme ..."

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Forgive my cynicism, but I reckon they'll double the points cost of Deals too.

For example, currently, if I spend £100 on my Clubcard Plus, I get 200 points. I buy a Deal for 200 points, job done.

If they double the Deals costs, I spend £100, get 200 normal points, plus 100 extra points from Plus - total points earned is 300. If they double the Deal cost to 400 points (from 200), I won't have enough.

Just speculation, but don't say I didn't warn you ;)
  • Poolie
    Poolie Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    Options
    Still does not mean if you spent less than £1 in store you will get a point.

Oh well nearly Tesco nearly.

Still 2 points for £1 is going to double the number of points I will have.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting. Wonder if prices will go up to make up for it?
    Or whether, eventually at least, points will only be 2x their worth when spent on deals.
    Or whether the quality of deals will go down, to the extent that all the stuff you can get at "4x value" will be easily available at a discount elsewhere?
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    So what happens to current ClubcardPlus customers? Do we now get 3 points per £1? Or just the same as normal CC? If its the same then the CC plus is pointless now! I'd rather pay with cashback card!
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps the above is why they phased out CC+ this month. I agree that the Deals are bound to go up in price.
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £5,000 | Virgin Credit Card: £4079.19
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Might mean it's worth spending existing vouchers sooner rather than later...
  • rosy
    rosy Posts: 642 Forumite
    Options
    The Virgin and Cosmos deals have just put a maximum amount of £s per person of Deals tokens you can use towards a holiday from 1st September. ( £700 max per person for Virgin equivalent to £175 of deals tokens).
  • A_little_stressed!!
    Options
    rosy wrote: »
    The Virgin and Cosmos deals have just put a maximum amount of £s per person of Deals tokens you can use towards a holiday from 1st September. ( £700 max per person for Virgin equivalent to £175 of deals tokens).

I wonder how they will work this with children, say 2 adults one child go, the child only costs £100 (£400) can the adults use the £75 (300) between them, so the total holiday cost is still £2100, 3 lots of the £700 max. Does that make any sense?
    I'm getting older, and lifes getting harder!:mad:
  • smithd_2
    Options
    Any ideas on how this will affect the tesco credit card? 10 points for every £4 spent?
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    looks like bad news to me. It's fair enough to change it, the problem is people have invested a lot in collecting clubcard points on the credit card, and these are surely to be devalued, in effect retrospectively.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure