New fridge £50 or new fridge/freezer £75

If you receive a qualifying benefit or tax credit and own an inefficient or damaged fridge or fridge/freezer, you may be entitled to a replacement from Currys under the Fridgesaver scheme being run in conjunction with Powergen.

For full details, visit https://www.currys.co.uk and click on Fridgesaver scheme under Promotions on the right hand side.

(insert from martin - if you can't find it on the website, hopefully calling 0800 512012 should get you an application form)

Comments

• Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    WOW everyone should know about this its fantastic, what an offer i just completed the form online and got accepted, my old fridge freezer has a mind of its own so this is great:)
    If you are on benefits go for it! if not tell everyone who you know whos on benefits;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    The offer seems really good until you see the size of the fridgefreezer, not really big enough for a family of 5 is it, my freezer is the same size as the fridge, even thou i qualify its not big enuff, but still a good find.
  • Firefly
    Firefly Posts: 3,024
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My fridge/freezer gave up the ghost and I was panicking about what to do, not having extra cash to buy a replacement. I was delighted to read this post and to find out that I was eligible too!

Although the fridge is small and the freezer section almost non-existant, it's better than no fridge at all!

An extra money saving tip is NOT to let Curry's convince you into paying £25 to take your old fridge away when they deliver the new one, my local council will collect mine Free of Charge! A quick phone call to the local council offices letting them know the old fridge is just inside my gate and it will be gone within 10 working days! FREE :D
    Do not allow the risk of failure to stop you trying!
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    AND...its better to have a smaller fridge/freezer so you dont have a pile of things lurking in there long after they ought to. Forces you to think about what you really need. Me and my 3 kids VERY rarely have ready prepared meals, and every now and then have a little stash of the tesco value tins to use when we're in a hurry - never underestimate the usefulness of tinned food! And baked beans are healthy:)
    I got my freezer voucher and im looking forward to getting it, thanks for the removal tip i think my council charges for that but less than Currys does.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • System
    Community Admin
    I am disabled on DLA and unable to get to their shop. the site seems to say you have to go to show prove of benefits. Anyone know if this can be done by post? F/F a goner.
  • System
    Community Admin
    This is really cool, (Do they have to see it not working)

I have been given a tall freezer, so have an unwanted fridge freezr Tall (1/2 Fridge 1/2 Freezer). Need to swap it for a small fridge.

Thanx
  • petesellit
    petesellit Posts: 42 Forumite
    It looks like this has disappeared !!
  • System
    Community Admin
    i have been onto the currys web site, but i can't find this deal anywhere. can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • System
    Community Admin
    :'( Due to the fact that i have been on benefits, i have never been able to buy a new fridge. I have had to rent one monthly and it has become inefficient. (plus broken shelf!) The company have said that i can purchase it for £50 or send it back to them. Either way this scheme does not help the people that could really do with a new fridge.
  • Got this reply from Currys

Thank you for your email

In order to gain full information with regards to the current Powergen scheme I
    would
    suggest that you contact the Powergen information line on 0845 604 0045.

I apologise for any further inconvenience this may cause.

Kindest regards

John Parsons
    Customer Services
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills