Full Chicken £2 Asda

Options
Asda are doing chickens for £2 each this week not sure when it is on to though - It is a fair size and not the value one.
No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j

Comments

• princesstippytoes
    Options
    Does it say on the pack the weight of the chicken and what sort of chicken it is? It sounds like a good price but I am trying to buy more ethically sourced chicken.
    Life is too short to waste a minute of it complaining about bad luck. Find joy in the simple things, show your love for those around you and be grateful for all that you have. :)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Does it say on the pack the weight of the chicken and what sort of chicken it is? It sounds like a good price but I am trying to buy more ethically sourced chicken.

There's no way on this good earth that a £2 chicken can be anything other than minimum welfare standard.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • leiela
    leiela Posts: 443 Forumite
    Options
    amanda40 wrote: »
    Asda are doing chickens for £2 each this week not sure when it is on to though - It is a fair size and not the value one.

Oh thanks i had an asda delivery set for sunday, ive just added 4 chickens :D

Thanks (just hope i can fit them in the freezer now haha)
  • welsh_cake
    Options
    Info from HUKD

They all weigh 1.55kg each and are priced at £2.00 each (equivilent to £1.29/kg) The price goes up to £4.48 after 23rd Feb.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, then I want to go where they go. :A
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    There's no way on this good earth that a £2 chicken can be anything other than minimum welfare standard.

But it isn't actually a £2 chicken! They are normally £4.48 each, it's a special offer, they did the same thing a few months ago.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • helwarren
    Options
    was in there today and looked on the small side to me. Didn't actually check weights so don't shot me down in flames was just going on appearance. Not enough for my family of 5 but a good buy for a smaller family.
  • swannee_D_3
    swannee_D_3 Posts: 1,671 Forumite
    Options
    But it isn't actually a £2 chicken! They are normally £4.48 each, it's a special offer, they did the same thing a few months ago.

well said, now wait for the chicken and egg, ethically sourced, organic freedom fighting brigade to hijack this thread!:rotfl:
  • liam8282
    liam8282 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    Options
    £2, thats a bit pricey for a chicken nowadays isn't it?!

:rotfl:
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options
    swannee_D wrote: »
    well said, now wait for the chicken and egg, ethically sourced, organic freedom fighting brigade to hijack this thread!:rotfl:

Yep, the reactionary tabloid talkers are already in it! :p
  • 1carminestocky
    Options
    I'm reminded of Alan Carr's 'take' on free range eggs.

Warning: NSFW! Some strong language/sexual innuendo so if easily offended don't click. starts at 0.35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYBHWJvi-A
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business