Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Lovely bag soblivion. I'm wondering how easy the idea would be to adapt to a gift box/trinket box? Not that I could ever do it!

Great card bunbun, I'm sure the recipient will adore it :)

A couple of questions:
    My parents bought me a Purple Cows Creative Cutter from Aldi but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it. Am I just being thick? Any tips gratefully received :)
    And... ArtyMiss are selling this QuicKutz Squeeze Handtool for £19.99. DD was asking if I want anything specific for Mother's Day - should I ask her for this? Is it any good? Can I use it for anything else?

TIA x

I've just reserved the Quickutz Squeeze to pick up from a craft shop tomorrow, same price of £19.99. I am hoping my OH won't mind me buying my own Mother's Day pressie, I've wanted a die cutter for ages and this comes with a complete alphabet too ;)
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Skiergirl
    Options
    Cards002.jpg
  • Skiergirl
    Options
    Sorry I hit the reply button and now can't add any text :mad: when I try to edit. This is a photo of the first card I have ever made :D . I haven't mastered resizing yet :o
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Jailhousebabe - I can't help you with the creative cutter but I did treat myself to a quickutz squeeze for xmas. I haven't really used it much yet - the only dies that I have for it is an alphabet set, so I'm no expert!! The dies themselves are about 2 inch square. The alphabet itself is quite small as you have about 4 letters on each die. Don't do what I did and think that you have to peel the foam background off the dies, I started doing it on one and then realised that you're meant to leave it on. I paid about 25 quid for mine with the alphabet.

Rainmac - i bought all of my own xmas presents (crafty stuff), at least that way you know you're going to like what you get.
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Skiergirl - great card, fantastic for a first attempt.
  • soblivion
    soblivion Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you everyone as always for your lovely comments.
    crazychatter, I'm sorry I'm unsure about the acetate, I've not really been a cardmaker(??) till just very recently. We just had a new shop open near us for scrapbooking and cardmaking and I just asked the lady for acetate sheets. They were 12 X 12 inches and 80p a sheet. I'm sorry I'm not any more help. Each little rectangle you see is a piece of acetate, a flower, then another piece of acetate. I have to say it's quite sturdy but it wouldn't hold the kitchen sink.
    Thanks JailhouseBabe, I have other ideas in my head but I can't say what as it will be another present.
    bunbun, fantastic card, how great for a young boy, he'll just love it.
    saveapenny, how classy is your vellum wrap card. Just beautiful.
    Skiergirl, wow what a brilliant first card. My first one went straight in the bin. LOL
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic cards everyone :D Well done to you all!

I still haven't done my card for the challenge, although I do know what I want to do ... does that count? :D

Soblivion that bag is beautiful :D you are so clever!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've done the challenge card but I didn't have the sketch in front of me and I changed it slightly and did a bit wrong so not quite how it was meant to come out!!

Will take a piccy and show you all sometime before Monday, well done to everyone else for all the great cards xxx
  • kitekat
    kitekat Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get 50% off at https://www.crafterscove.co.uk free p&p
  • JailhouseBabe
    Options
    kitekat wrote: »
    Get 50% off at www.crafterscove.co.uk free p&p

Minimum order appears to be £10 - it wouldn't let me complete an order for less than that anyway.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure