PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Purchasing Property From Ambasun Bulgaria?

Options

Comments

• GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,677 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It does rather look like throwing good money after bad. Even if built does anyone know what these properties are actually worth?
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • JoanUK36
    Options
    Yes, I am using Anna Pravchanska. I discussed the situation with my lawyer and she assured me that the apartments will be transferred on my name early next year if I have paid in full.
  • Pearl1
    Pearl1 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Spoke with Diane today at the Birmingham branch and was quite surprised by how helpful she was. Sharon is no longer with the company due to some unknown reason and last Thursday a meeting was held between the developers and the Ambasun bosses. Diane claims very good progress was made, but then again this could be b******s. She also claims that all my payments have been forwarded on to the developer and is sending proof of transfer.
    Hopefully things are looking up, anyone else purchased in the Pearl complex?
  • RIANNE_2
    Options
    Hi

Had email from Anna today asking for the dates Ambasun sent monies over to developer, I have sent her bank transaction details that Ambasun have sent to me and confirmation they have been received by the Bank in Bulgaria, it appears that the dispute could be over the fact that we have paid in sterling and the money is transfer into Euro, some the dispute seems to be over the exchange rate.

I will too ask for a new contract between the developer and myself in accordance with wording on the Amba sun original, this states that the developer pays compensation if he overuns by 6 months from 31st December 08 which was my completion date in the Albatros.

Anna has confirmed back to me that the money has been received from Ambasun by the developer, however they were not clear on the breakdown for which apartments etc, hence the dispute, however I think it is more to do with the fx rate and the decline in Euros/gbp. Still not willing to pay my last instalment until I am happy with the situation.
  • Sheilared
    Options
    hi i to am in same mess dont no what to do or to belive would like to meet up with any one in same mess at any given place or time we all should go to ambersun to sort it out because we took our contract out with them would like to speak to rianne as we have one there albertos 5 and at the same stage as you with last payment due not knowing what to do we have spoak to bulgaria and they have only had 1 payment as ambersun as the rest
  • Pearl1
    Options
    Spoke to Anna today, a deadline of January 10th has been set for all issues between the bosses to be sorted, papers finalised etc and new contracts will be issued to purchasers who bought before Nov 06 as these are not legally binding with the developers due to they haven't signed them, only Ambasun!!
  • mark08
    mark08 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    What are we to believe, Ambasun uk said they would definately call to advise about the results of any meeting between them and the developer.Guess what,not a word yet again.I am also now lead to believe that the contract has not been signed by the developer.If this is the case then I think Ambasun have pulled the wool over our eyes from the start.I now intend to find out if this contract is legal or not.If not then surely Ambasun uk must be liable for this whole mess.
    We all seem to get the run around from both uk and bulgaria.I think we should all demand new clear contracts from our solicitors and pay nothing more until this is sorted.
    Thanks everyone for their input its good to get all latest information and you dont feel alone in this mess.
    many thanks
    Mark08
  • FraudBuster
    Options
    Good luck with enforceing your contracts in the Bulgarian Courts.
  • tishme
    tishme Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hang on the developer has not signed the contract? In Bulgaria contracts should be signed by both the developer and the buyer to make it binding. An agent should not have anything to do with contracts as an agent isn't the seller but a middleman working on behalf of the developer! Anyway, this is how I work. I don't know the full facts and I don't know this company however all the best. Bulgaria has given itself a bad name which doesn't make my job very easy however honestly, a large majority of things go fine but obviously bad news spreads faster.

Regards,
  • Pearl1
    Options
    Diane has told me that new contracts are being sent to Ambasun for certain buyers, although I have told Anna to send mine direct, Diane believes they will recieve these within a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure