Identity direct xmas book for 1p!

Options

Comments

• gibson1967
    Options
    I have emailed them and told them to cancel, hope they do otherwise I am in big trouble.
  • pearsoneys
    Options
    to the lady who got the original email. please copy it onto here or double and triple check if it says one per customer as i know you said you ordered 5 so couldnt have been that visible. thanks
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    I have one of these books from a few years ago, exactly the same name book but the front image has been updated, they have a bit in the front page saying especially written for 'childs full name' with love from 'name of buyer'. The childs details are used throughout the story.

They are a lovely idea and I have just ordered one and paid the p&p for £2 delivered they are worth it, but IMO they are not worth £8.99 they are 15 pages with a thin cardboard cover.

Hope this helps anyone who has ordered a few decide whether to keep their order. Might be worth ordering under a relatives name and paying £2 for them. :money:
  • lab-dab
    lab-dab Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    Options
    If they charge extra i may just keep them as i only ordered 2 and the frames but it is very annoying when it didnt clearly state that it was one per customer..
  • DaisyClaire
    Options
    Ok, I just phoned because I never had a confirmation email come through after and I ordered 4, two for my boys and two for presents.
    I was told that the offer has ALWAYS been one book per customer and it says so in the terms and conditions (apparently I haven't looked)- so if you ordered more than one you will be charged £8.99 for each addtional book after the first.

To be fair though, they were very helpful and polite.
  • threelittlepigs
    Options
    omg hope they dont charge the full amount
    can they take the full amount from the card?
    or do they need to contact you first?
  • *Jane*
    *Jane* Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered 2 books a 1p each didnt use the free postage code as didnt think it was right. There is no way do i want them if i am going to be charged £8.99 for one of them surely they cannot do this when it was not stated and my invoice clearly states £2.01. Worried now as they have my card details and they are going to take £10.99 out for them. I am new to this forum and am now wary about these offers too good to be true. because this one was
    I have email the company and asked for them to cancel my order but i dont hold much hope, will have to be more careful in future.
    I have now read the terms there is no mention of been limited to one book.
    The limit to one book was not on there website last night when i ordered.
  • DaisyClaire
    Options
    omg hope they dont charge the full amount
    can they take the full amount from the card?
    or do they need to contact you first?

They will. If you don't want them, cancel.
  • debjk
    debjk Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    I only ordered one but surely once you have recieved your invoice stating X amount you have entered into a contract ie they have accepted your offer of x amout surely they cannot accept and then say no I think I will charge you more as for t & C I can see none on that page other than now it states 1 per customer

This would be akin to entering a shop buying something the casheir says that will be £2 please you hand over your card and cashier changes amount to £4 and doesnt tell you till they hand over your goods and receipt :confused:
    Mortgage overpayments 2008 (started August) £300
  • DaisyClaire
    Options
    *Jane* wrote: »
    I ordered 2 books a 1p each didnt use the free postage code as didnt think it was right. There is no way do i want them if i am going to be charged £8.99 for one of them surely they cannot do this when it was not stated and my invoice clearly states £2.01. Worried now as they have my card details and they are going to take £10.99 out for them. I am new to this forum and am now wary about these offers too good to be true. because this one was
    I have email the company and asked for them to cancel my order but i dont hold much hope, will have to be more careful in future.

Why don't you hold out much hope?
    I phoned them, they were apologetic, polite....and cancelled my order. Job done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure