AutoQuake 2nd hand car sale - any one brought from?

Options
HI

Considering buying a 2nd hand car from autoquake - they say they are ex company fleet cars...
Has any one brought one from them or know anything about there reputation?
Thanks

Comments

• darude
    darude Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Online research shows that they have good reputation, recruiting ex-microsoft staff for their marketing, but having visited their birmingham premises, I think they're rubbish. They heavily undervalued my car for part exchange, they ask for a £100 deposit by card via phone/internet just to see the car, even if it's just for a one minute look. You have to make appointments to go see the car you're after. And worse of all they forgot to refund my £100 deposit when I wasn't happy with the service.....even for a receipt of the deposit, I have to ASK for it when I went to visit them. I might buy from them if the price is right, other than that, I think they're just a bunch of cowboys!
  • grantgreig
    Options
    Avoid this company at all costs, you can not and will not get a reply from these people no matter how many messages you leave or e-mails you send :mad: I am raging at reading the crap on the website and foolishly taking it in, resulting in me trying to do busuiness with them, i should have known better at my age. I have nothing good to say about autoquake whatsoever and it looks like im down a £100. Let people know about this company and dont be fooled by there customer driven focus bulls##t etc etc they are truly awfull :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • b.wasim
    Options
    On the 10/11/2008 - 9.30am I went to view a car with my brother at there Birmingham depot were we met by Stuart Riley one of autoquakes representatives. When asked a simple question regarding the company status with being a trader or not he replied “we are not a trader, but we offer a seven day money back guarantee”. My brother then went on to ask can we take the car for a test drive he replied “yes I just need to go and get the trade plates” This poses a very serious question:
    A. Is your representative lying?
    B. Or are they lying to the licensing authority as to your true status?
    I then went to ask the representative some general questions about the car namely does it have cruise control and are the alloy wheels 16 inch as these are not standard to the VW SE range he had no knowledge of this.
    Throughout my dealing with Stuart he had a very aggressive tone of voice and gave flippant answers to my questions. He then went on to try to sell us an extended warranty, when asked how it compares with rivals such as warranty direct he stated that “we cover more things” when asked to give more details he suddenly flipped and said you are asking too many questions in the background and I’m going to ask you to leave while I conduct the sale to which I replied no. he then said I’m going to see my manager “you f***ing idiot” and walked off.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    This would be better off in the motoring thread to warn every one off this company
  • mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is what I love about the Internet. 10 years ago this Company could get away with anything! Now they have Consumer revenge, not just here, but by people googling them. They can see what their Customers think of them and their Product. A quick search on the Internet and people make their own Judgement!
  • deanusrjm
    Options
    Autoquake have now phoned me and so far have been very polite and seem keen to sort out my turbocharger issue. I will keep you posted but if they sort this out as they've said they will then my opinion of them will be very positive.
  • beanybop
    beanybop Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a car from them on Monday, so far so good. Have driven 400 miles home without a hitch - long may it continue.

The only downside for me wass the having an appointment at 4.00, and not getting to see the car etc. until a few minutes before 5.00 in the dark. I was waiting in the waiting room with a few other people for an hour. I would have been far happier wandering around looking at the cars, although I had already selected mine. Also the lateness meant that I could not get the tax at the post office as I had planned, so had to drive home without any.

Because of the very long drive home the waiting around was more of a problem for me than for many people, but would have been a much greater problem if the car had not been up to scratch - long way home with no transport - but so far seems fine.

Overall, the personal service was lacking somewhat, but do you want that at the extra expense, or a bit of inconvenience and a saving of thousands of pounds.

Remember this is a money saving site!!
  • deanusrjm
    Options
    Having had a fairly serious issue with my car, Autoquake have been very good in getting this sorted without quibbling. Their customer services manager at Bradford has been extermely helpful and proactive.

I am now left with a car that I am very pleased with and is excellent value for money.

Yes you may not get the best personal service when buying but it is little matter as Autoquake have come good when it really counts.
    :T
  • Spot441
    Options
    I have bought a car from Autoquake as has a mate at work. We were both very impressed.

If you want to waste your money, go to your local dealers, share their coffee and pay a fortune.

At autoquake, you will get no offices/sales guys on 50k OTE etc etc.

What we got was a 'frankly awful' building site and a very cheap car! I paid about £2k less than I can find the same car for on Autotrader.

Yes, they will offer a low P/ex for your car. Have you seen the value of used cars these days, they are worthless. Parkers guide has a lot to answer for in making people believe that used car are still worth a lot of money.

I would suggest that:-

You identify what car you want.
    How much you want to pay.
    Watch the autoquake site. If one comes in at the right price/on budget grab it.
    Pay the £100.
    Go and have a look.
    If you dont like it, get your £100k back.

Its different to your local garage, but I saved £2k, and I love my new Jag!!
  • Rabb_2
    Options
    ok, i have just bought a car from autoquake ........ bought totally online, from photos and their info. Not yet seen it but it is getting delivered in 2 days. Price was good, bought car,3 year warranty and delivery for approx. £1000 less than same age, model car in auto trader. Service was ok, pleasant chap on phone, had more trouble with my own bank trying to transfer monies.
    I am a very sceptical person but can't be arsed with trudging round car showrooms or peoples houses looking at cars so was willing to take a chance and rely on money-back policies of autoquake. Buying a car is a nightmare wherever you get it from, even new. Anyway will update in a couple of days ... here's fingers crossed :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure