Great Cheap Internet Dating Site Hunt

One of the world's biggest dating sites Match.com has recently launched a promotion "if you don't find lurrvvee in 6 months, you get 6 months free!". This prompted me to repeat the 'hunt for cheapest, decent internet dating sites". I'd like to tap single (and hopefully partnered) MoneySavers' wealth of knowledge to find the cheapest and the best.

Martin

And before you ask, no it isn't here to help me find a date!
threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    What about free? moneysavingexpert.com has had the perfect result for Savvy & Godders! :dance:
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Well, I’m into arranging fun weekend jollies for single folk (well for anyone who’s up for a laugh really!!), have done a few now. Did a cracking one to Norfolk earlier in the year! Though I’ll be out of the country from next week until early Nov, but will refreshed and ready to organise the next one! Any takers can pm me in the meantime if your game, and I’ll let you know when I’m back and planning! – Martin?? :-)
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Theres a free lone parent dating site (not sure if you HAVE to be a lone parent to join it though - as long as you don't mind being paired with one). I'm sure most of those will be interested in saving money:

Free Lone Parent Dating Site
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,281
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa wrote:

oh well if Browntoa says its worth trying, we better all try it as posted yesterday by another user :rotfl:

thanks for that browntoa, my hubby is laughing as i place my order saying "wot are we gonna use them for" my answers to that is "i dont know" but if browntoa says they are a good deal i might aswell have some:D
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    you taking the pee out of me ??? :(

heres another one that is sort of free..think you can send basic messages to other members but there is a limit on the number per day ??

www.loveandfriends.com
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Browntoa wrote:
    you taking the pee out of me ??? :(

As if I would :A
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    for people in Essex....as the name suggests :) (counts you out Edinburghlass)

http://www.essexsingles.com/
    Essex Singles, now in our 22nd year, is where you find other unattached men and women from not just Essex, but Kent, Suffolk and Herts, and of course East London. And it's where they will find you !

the most effective, relaxed and enjoyable way of making friends you'll ever find. There's no membership fee;- but it's still a club to which you very much "belong" ... if you use it !Why not to join us ?
  • Oh, Get Date, Will Travel ;)

I have to ask, are you Googling or have you tested these websites?

icon7.gif
  • Browntoa
    Ambassador
    my secrets out, used to run a dating site in Kent for a couple of years :)

also I tried Midsummer + loveandfriends a couple of years ago...seemed fine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure