Get A Boots Meal-deal Every Day For £1.39!!!

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
Now most people are familiar with Boots Meal Deals. For £2.39 (or £2.70 in London) for the basic meal you get a bottle of drink, sandwich and packet of crisps.

There's one of Boots 'unpublished offers' going on at the moment. Go into any store which has a voucher machine (looks like an ATM cash machine, usually languishing unused in the corner, click here to find out where your nearest ones is). Put your Advantage card in and you can print off a voucher which gives 100 advantage card points off a meal deal, this is £1 worth of points (sometimes the vouchers are less and more, but 100 is the usual amount)

Then pay for your meal deal and you're effectively getting a pound off. Boots has confirmed this is available at least until 16 August and you can get one voucher per day!

For more info on playing the Boots treasure trove read this article

Martin

PS Smoothie lovers, if you go for the higher priced meal deal you can get an innocent smoothie with it and still get the £1 off - meaning you effectively get the whole meal deal for the price of the smoothie itself.
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• Mmmmmmmmm! Off to boots!
  • rangers_fc
    rangers_fc Posts: 363
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I may make use of this offer when I visit my local advantage card machine next Saturday unfortunately it to far away to go to every day, 110 miles,is this a collect points offer or a use points offer as I have a stack of points on my card at the moment. Can I use the voucher and still pay for the meal in points?
  • theadore_2
    theadore_2 Posts: 132 Forumite
    voucher was for 25 points in Sheffield City Centre today... :confused:

(on a side not i managed to leave my card in the machine... went back less than a minute later and someone has swiped it... £8.46 down the drain... :( )
  • emujuice
    emujuice Posts: 930 Forumite
    oh no! poor you!

I only ever get 25 points in any of the machines in Sheffield. I thought it was just me. i never got the mediteranian offer either. bah!
    do they have the big sign up, detailing the offers, in the High St branch? does it say 25 on that too?
  • theadore wrote:
    ...i managed to leave my card in the machine... went back less than a minute later and someone has swiped it... £8.46 down the drain... :(

I'm pretty sure you can phone somewhere and get your card stopped and keep all your points. I'm really bad for leaving mine in the machine too... last time I had over £80 worth of points but thankfully some lovely person had given it to a sales assistant. Most people would never suspect that there is much value in one of these cards so you may be lucky if you phone the store and ask them if it's been handed in.

I'm just back from Boots and there were no points vouchers at all on my card. The number I've had has been steadily diminishing for weeks - it seems the more vouchers I use, the less they offer. :confused:
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have to go so far out of my way to use one of the machine :(
    Had a grumble the other day and an assistant told me that 'To have a machine, the store has to take over £25.000 a week'.
    That explains why my little local has no machine now.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• pscandrett
    pscandrett Posts: 15 Forumite
    I regularly get 25 points off a meal deal.

I had an odd one the other day though. It was a 'free weigh on their BMI machine' thing. I printed the coupon and took it to the chemists' counter, as was required, to exchange it for a token to use in the machine. The thing is that they'd run out, so just gave me 30p instead! Needless to say I skipped the machine and pocketed the 30p :-)

I do get a little irritated that offers are 'customised' for individuals though - why should Fred get 100 points for one thing and Joe only get 25? Also, why do the machines insist on printing something when you enter a competition? What a waste of paper!
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have to go so far out of my way to use one of the machine :(
    Had a grumble the other day and an assistant told me that 'To have a machine, the store has to take over £25.000 a week'.
    That explains why my little local has no machine now.
    LL

I e-mailed boots about this a few months ago as out of my 4 local boots one has a machine.

They never said an thing to me about a set turnover. But that they where trying to fit all stores with them one day. When one day will come around I just don't know. And a lot of the smaller shops have no space. And that is because they all now have photo developing in them.

Never mind.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • lynnemcf
    lynnemcf Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    I'm surprised Martin has chosen this as a tip. There is no guarantee of getting 100 points on a meal deal. I tried today on my card and my husband tried his card. I got nothing, husband got 50 points. We bought two meal deals they would only allow us one set of 50 points. The price on their sandwiches is ridiculously inflated. Netto sells chicken salad sandwiches for 89p.
  • biglugs
    biglugs Posts: 2,945
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not many Nettos near Aylesbury but the machine had a 100 point mead deal offer in it when I checked yesterday.
    You don't get medals for sitting in the trenches.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure