Options

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I go one simpler with the homemade baileys:
    1 tin condensed milk
    same amount whisky (measure it in the tin)
    1 tin evaporated milk
    1 spoon coffee (instant cheapo granules)

whizz it all in a blender.

Little bit stronger than the other recipes, but without the fresh cream in it keeps for about a month, and it's better than baileys to my taste.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    wow, softstuff, that sounds potent!!! (but lovely!!)

I'm not a whisky drinker and keep wondering what to replace it with......ooooh, how about Tia Maria or a cheapy version???? (inspired thought!!!)

You are doing fantastic Hayley. Wish I could get my OH to consider giving up. He is very pro smoking :(
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    well done on the smoke free. Keep it up!
  • hayley1471
    Options
    right, been to Lidl and Coop to purchase requirements:
    Evaporated milk 55p
    Double cream 84p
    Condensed milk 1.20
    I have coffee in the cupboard, couldn't find Camp so will opt for coffee granules.
    The whisky is a freebie present from an ex-boyfriend.
    So, I am making Baileys for £2.59. Not sure of the quantity yet - OR whether I have anything to store it in! LOL - may have to drink it one go.

Oh, and it now day 4 of no smoking!
  • consultant31
    Options
    hayley1471 wrote: »
    right, been to Lidl and Coop to purchase requirements:
    Evaporated milk 55p
    Double cream 84p
    Condensed milk 1.20
    I have coffee in the cupboard, couldn't find Camp so will opt for coffee granules.
    The whisky is a freebie present from an ex-boyfriend.
    So, I am making Baileys for £2.59. Not sure of the quantity yet - OR whether I have anything to store it in! LOL - may have to drink it one go.

Oh, and it now day 4 of no smoking!

I don't think you'd be able to smoke without exploding if you drink that all in one go :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done, by the way.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Are you too rissoled to post about how lovely it is/was?
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    hayley1471 wrote: »
    Ten hours - smoke free.

I was thinking, if I can get two bottles of Baileys for £10 from Coop, does that mean I only need to quit for two days? If I make 3 days, shall I get 3 bottles? If I make 2 weeks - how many of you can make it to Leeds to help me drink it all!

H:)

Baileys leeds party where when LOL:beer:
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • hayley1471
    Options
    Morning all. Day 5 of smoke free
    Baileys mix is rather strong... Mis-read the recipe and put 14 ounces of whisky in instead of 8, and didn't have any more ingredients to water it down. !!!!
    I had one glass last night and I was tipsy - bought the rest in to work today for our lunch time Christmas do - I am driving so plan to snigger into my non-alcoholic fruit punch while everyone else tries it out!
    Thanks again for all your good wishes - I will update my sig to the new money amount I saved.

H:)
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Lol at the 'accidental' addition of too much alcohol... ;) Hope the Xmas lunch is amusing! :rotfl:

You are doing brilliantly with the non-smoking. :T
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • hayley1471
    Options
    Well, it is now a week of non-smoking for me, and today has been my worst day. :(

On a more up note however, the home made Baileys was a HUGE hit. I can 100% recommend the Isle of Islay mix - everyone who tried it liked it. Be warned though, people who don't like Baileys tried it and said it was much nicer than Baileys - so do not expect a replica Baileys experience. It is most delish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure