thanks
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    sallen2 wrote:
    Asda recording freeview box - "Dual DPVR801"
    Any experience of this ? its £80

When I looked at the box in ASDA yesterday it looked like a re-badged Digihome PVR80 that Argos were selling.
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My parents live in an area that doesn't always get a good signal for Freeview (Witham , Essex), they are also rather 'low down' , behind trees/hills which doesn't help matters. They used to have a Panasonic freeview box until it recently just 'gave up'. Prior to that a number of boxes were unable to even collect a signal when connected to their aerial. The Panasonic did a decent job, but failed to get the extra ITV channels.

So I had to find them an alternative, since the Panasonic went 'bang' and wasn't looking forward to it as I was certain to hit problems. I decided to go for the Digifusion FRT102 from Currys at £25 (don't ask why!!!).. I plumbed it all in last night and was very pleased with the outcome. It picked up all channels with a decent signal, including the extra ITV ones.

So a big thumbs up... :-)
  • Curlycrystal
    Options
    Some pretty cheap ones on this site. It gives reviews too!!

http://www.ciao.co.uk/Set_Top_Boxes_5266540_3~o4
  • Curlycrystal
    Options
    I have just order this, so will let you know. Good price and four star rated too!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/203-9699359-2391143?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=DIGIHOME+DVB915
  • LeroyBoyce
    LeroyBoyce Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is the cheapest TV with a 14" screen, or larger and with Freeview built in?
  • scottish_blend
    Options
    Bringing this back to the top as my freeview box in my bedrom fell off the shelf and dragged the booster aerial along with it. It comlpetely snapped the co-ax connector in both units so now I need a new one of each.

where's the best value aeriel and box at the moment?

Best I can see is £19.99 in my local Asda this morning for the box, and an aerial from Argos online http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10651&productId=708648 for the same? £40 all in - is this the best I can do?? or does anyone know of any better deals?

My freeview reception is pretty good - so the aerial doesn't have to be a super duper one :D

Any help appreciated, thank you :D
    I have no more money to give - all you companies out there - do your worst - I give in!! :(
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't need an amplified aerial unless you are running more than one telly off a single connection specially if you say your reception is good.
  • newbie180607
    Options
    I'm looking for a freeview box that also records - anyone know which one's the best deal? (Reception's not a problem)
  • colmil
    colmil Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for being stupid, but in this day of digital technology, why are there major problems with Freeview reception?
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport