Martin's Money Mutterings download help

Options
Two basic tips to start with

1. If it doesn't stream? Open up your Windows media player, your real player, or your AOL media player, then use that to open up the the URL (the link to the mutterings).

2. If that doesn't work? Just download the file and then play it from the download.

Please do ask questions below and then both the techies and fellow MoneySavers will try and help you.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    Options
    Would it be handy to include a link to download it on here? The only way I could seem to get the file was to preview a post on here with the link on it. I couldn't get it to play in Quicktime, Windows Media Player or Real Player, they all said there was problems with the server.....
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    This week's one is here (EDIT: old file - 23 Feb)

File size is much better. Even the dial-up one sounds ok (24Kbps)
  • wirm
    Options
    coolio! I should of know to look there! lol
  • Fastflys
    Fastflys Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money Muttering 23rd February 05

Clicked on the “Dial Up” link – Windows Media Player opened – Martin muttered - Great.

Money Muttering 2nd March 05

Have not received email to date [5th March]. Clicked on “Money Tips” link/Email “More” link and “Dial Up” link - Windows Media Player opened – Martin muted – Windows Media Player error code generated – Followed your instructions, opened file using URL – Same error code – Downloaded file – Played download – Martin muttered again. :)

Is there a problem with this week’s Money Muttering or is the above a common occurrence when trying to play this type of file from the link?
    ;)Do It To Them Before They Do It To You ;)
  • wirm
    Options
    worked fine for me.....
  • sd8974
    sd8974 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote:
    Two basic tips to start with

1. If it doesn't stream? Open up your Windows media player, your real player, or your AOL media player, then use that to open up the the URL (the link to the mutterings).

2. If that doesn't work? Just download the file and then play it from the download.

Please do ask questions below and then both the techies and fellow MoneySavers will try and help you.
    I've never been able to simply stream the mutterings by clicking the link and then listening to it directly. After just a few seconds Windows media player always says it has "reached the end of the file" and stops playback. I have to download it (which doesn't take long on broadband admittedly) but is this just me, or is this a problem with the MSE server(s)?
  • Fastflys
    Fastflys Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Happens to me too – See my post above.
    ;)Do It To Them Before They Do It To You ;)
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    N.L.P. Martin, great step forward, most people are visual but so many are auditory well done for spotting this, my daughter listened for the first time and sat through it all.
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No matter what I do, can't get either the dial-up or broadband version to work this week
  • coda
    coda Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    testing 123
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business