Special Official Note For Mortgage Brokers

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Re the email from edinburghglass (mod) - is this a request to replace some sort of official signature saying we are MB's?

Two things first, its Edinburghlass and no I'm not a moderator but a Board Guide. The moderators are Forum Manager, Forum Team 1 & 2 :)

I'm not requesting you replace a signature but what I am saying is Martin asked for suggestions and discussion and now that most signatures seem to have been removed and there are almost no signatures been placed in posts there is nothing much to discuss. This seems a shame when Martin has given all MBs a chance to have some input into this.
  • whiteflag_3
    Options
    Two things first, its Edinburghlass and no I'm not a moderator but a Board Guide. The moderators are Forum Manager, Forum Team 1 & 2 :)

I'm not requesting you replace a signature but what I am saying is Martin asked for suggestions and discussion and now that most signatures seem to have been removed and there are almost no signatures been placed in posts there is nothing much to discuss. This seems a shame when Martin has given all MBs a chance to have some input into this.

Edinburghlass , what is your involvement in this board, as Martin titled it one for the mortgage brokers :confused:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Absolutely nothing, I leave it to you to carry on.
  • HelpWhereIcan
    Options
    now that most signatures seem to have been removed and there are almost no signatures been placed in posts there is nothing much to discuss. This seems a shame when Martin has given all MBs a chance to have some input into this.

Have to say I had thought the same. I would have though being able to compare what we people were using with what was being suggested wold have been useful but, hey ho.
    I am an IFA (and boss o' t'swings idst)
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as an IFA, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • AndrewSmith
    Options
    With respect,

We have had our input and discussion in the thread and have all put forward our suggestions for what we think may be appropriate signatures. What has to be remembered is that it has, inavertantly, opened up a wider issue of regulatory propriety regarding warnings or disclaimers that appear. It has also opened the very pertinent discussion on where the boundries lie regarding what it or is not considered generic guidance or actual advice.

Unfortunately in financial services the consequences can be far ranging and severe for one acting inappropriately in the eyes of the regulators etc thus all the surrounding issues must be considered.

Hence we have, in the majority, decided to remove all signatures until the thread has been reviewed by Martin and his decision on what he wants contained in them has been made. This is, however, no critisism of those who still post a signature. It is just personal preference of the individual.

I hope this clarifies our standpoint and I really do appreciate your input Edinburghlass :beer:

Andy
  • HelpWhereIcan
    Options
    I'm no scab, honest mate. I just have kids, a wife, three dogs and a mistress to feed!! Please don't start chucking rocks at me!!! The MBs, united, will never, be defeated.Strike, strike, strike.:rotfl:

Can anyone else tell that I've done all my client prep for my one o'clock and am killing a bit of time?
    I am an IFA (and boss o' t'swings idst)
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as an IFA, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    we all stand united

or is that we all can't stand man united? lol

I'm having the day off with my two year old son and REALLY enjoying it !

here's my new signature

"I'm a B)tch
    I'm a lover,
    I'm a child,
    I'm a mother,
    I'm a broker not a saint,
    I do not feel ashamed

I will help
    build your dreams
    willmake your estate agent scream
    you know I wouldn't want it any other way hey"
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Absolutely nothing, I leave it to you to carry on.
    I thought this was a public forum ,have we restrictions on who can post in specific threads ,news to me
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • kenshaz
    kenshaz Posts: 3,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With respect,

We have had our input and discussion in the thread and have all put forward our suggestions for what we think may be appropriate signatures. What has to be remembered is that it has, inavertantly, opened up a wider issue of regulatory propriety regarding warnings or disclaimers that appear. It has also opened the very pertinent discussion on where the boundries lie regarding what it or is not considered generic guidance or actual advice.

Unfortunately in financial services the consequences can be far ranging and severe for one acting inappropriately in the eyes of the regulators etc thus all the surrounding issues must be considered.

Hence we have, in the majority, decided to remove all signatures until the thread has been reviewed by Martin and his decision on what he wants contained in them has been made. This is, however, no critisism of those who still post a signature. It is just personal preference of the individual.

I hope this clarifies our standpoint and I really do appreciate your input Edinburghlass :beer:

Andy

Just one question are you the leader of this clique,is your username now MortgageDaddy
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To be happy you need to make someone happy.[/FONT]
  • MortgageMamma
    Options
    kenshaz wrote:
    Just one question are you the leader of this clique,is your username now MortgageDaddy

Kenshaz is what you call a troll, somebody who posts on internet forums specifically to incite arguement and cause trouble.

There was only one mortgagedaddy, and he no longer posts - funnily enough because of sad people like you. It wasn't so long ago I'm told you were attacking regularsaver1 was it Kenshaz?

You are a hypocrite having PM'd me for advice some months ago, and then coming on this thread trying to pull me and other brokers down to your level.

I can see very clearly what you are trying to do - DONT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE you will turn us on eachother, and cause an arguement amongst the brokers themselves, as it won't happen.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure