Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for youicon7.gif

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)

Comments

• hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Awh a nice new thread!
    Rusty hope your little one is feeling better soon.
    Rainmac not long for the craft fayre, You will be fine, everything you produce is stunning :-)
    Fab cards on everyone's blogs! x
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Crikey hels, you were quick ;) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'd only just come back to update the link in the A-Z and there you were!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oooohhhhh new thread quick lets get crafting and fill it up.
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    New shiny thread.
    Not long now rainmac - I thought it was this weekend. You look after Elliot and the rest of us will craft - you can courier him to me when he's about 8 - them baby things are far too much hard work for me :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

He is very cute though :D.

I get DD back later today - she'll be incredibly cranky as she won't have had anywhere near enough sleep - so will be tearing my hair out after a bit have finally made her bed up once I found it under cuddlies :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hels - thanks for posting up my card & saying nice things about it. How are the wedding plans going?

Rusty - Hope your son is feeling better very soon.

Melissa - you can put me on the rota for looking after Elliot (is that the right spelling?) Think I'm near enough to collect!! Seriously, get plenty of rest if you can.

I overslept this morning, so feeling a bit sluggish - must get moving NOW! Housework to do, cards to make, etc etc......
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh sorry missed that Rusty i hope your ds feels better soon xx

Melissa I can do Elliot duty untill thursday but I am off on my hols after that for a week.

I have had my sisters little tiny one twice since she was born as my sis has been in hosp. I didnt realise how scary a 5 day old baby can be when its not yours, such a responsibilty.
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    mumhug wrote: »
    Oh sorry missed that Rusty i hope your ds feels better soon xx

Melissa I can do Elliot duty untill thursday but I am off on my hols after that for a week.

I have had my sisters little tiny one twice since she was born as my sis has been in hosp. I didnt realise how scary a 5 day old baby can be when its not yours, such a responsibilty.

I find having DD's friends over scarey enough and they're all around 9 - have sent 2 back with grazes and skin missing before now :eek:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Oooooo a nice shiny new thread ... Savvy when you started this one did you find my mojo???

Thankyou for all the get well wishes for my DS ... he is slowly getting worse :( he is refusing food and drink :( doctors this afternoon but I am pretty sure it is just a bug but receptionist at docs wanted me to take him down.

So who is gonna post the first cards on here then??

Melissa can I be added to the rota please :D lol
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 August 2009 at 11:16AM
    Rusty - Try getting him to sip lemonade let down with some boiled water if you have any. (lemonade that is!). The boiled water takes away the Fizz and yet it's a bit sweet. I do this with my DH (& he's worse than any child when he's poorly!):rotfl:

Ooh! Mumhug - Have a good holiday, where are you going? Is your sister Ok now? I hope so.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Marg wrote: »
    Rusty - Try getting him to sip lemonade let down with some boiled water if you have any. (lemonade that is!). The boiled water takes away the Fizz and yet it's a bit sweet. I do this with my DH (& he's worse than any child when he's poorly!):rotfl:

Ooh! Mumhug - Have a good holiday, where are you going? Is your sister Ok now? I hope so.

Thankyou Marg I will try that. He worries me sick cause normally he could eat and eat and eat at breakfast but I used one of the small boxes this morning so I knew he was having something but not too much to upset his stomach and he hardly touched it :( I have just made him some dinner so hopefully he will sit and eat some of that.

Mumhug - Thankyou for your email :) I will try and get OH to show me how to get them on the web! I have loads from various people to get on there!! Enjoy your holiday :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport