Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)

Options

Comments

• furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 August 2009 at 9:35PM
    Options
    I find having DD's friends over scarey enough and they're all around 9 - have sent 2 back with grazes and skin missing before now :eek:

I agree and I can go one better than grazes and missing skin, I sent a child home with a broken arm!!!:o That was on Tuesday night, she went straight to her swimming lesson, did a day at school, then Brownies. On Thursday when her arm was still sore went to casualty and had an xray and was in POP all summer:o:o:o.

Just to say she has been allowed back on numerous occassions and she was mucking about on the swing when it happened and was more concerned about her cut lip at the time!!!
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    furrypig wrote: »
    I agree and I can go one better than grazes and missing skin, I sent a child home with a broken arm!!!:o That was on Tuesday night, she went straight to her swimming lesson, did a day at school then Brownies then on Thursday when her armwas still sore went to casualty and had an xray and was in POP all summer:o:o:o.

Just to say she has been allowed back on numerous occassions and she was muching about on the swing when it happened and was more concerned about her cut lip at the time!!!

Tut tut, and you a nurse too ;) :rotfl:
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    ok ok - I admit I am no expert on children! :rotfl: but my mum was a childminder when I was younger, and I always preferred it when she looked after boys as they just got on with it, the little girls were always falling out and telling tales! hence my perception that I'd prefer boys to girls, well, babies were the best but they unfortunately turned into children :confused: whats all that about!

I currently work in a department of 12 women and the b**ching that goes on some days is unbelievable, some people are so two faced :rolleyes: I dread to think what's being said about me behind my back :rotfl:
  • Gemm85
    Options
    lovely cards Jailhouse, the wife and rainmac :T

I must pull my finger out and get on with my baby challenge card!
  • THE-WIFE_3
    THE-WIFE_3 Posts: 2,063 Forumite
    Options
    Oh! How fantastic! :j:j rainmac
    :whistle: Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"! :whistle:

• RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Uh-oh - warning ladies - 4 new ranges coming out soon from basic grey, eerie, eskimo, indian summer and hanky pantry (my favourite - I think that's what its called):
    http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=112
    probably be here about Sept.

Oooh she dissapears for a couple of days to give birth then comes back all high and mighty showing us links to spend all of our money!!!

Thanks Mel ;) I *need* all of them ... I really like the eerie!!

strange request ,.... does anyone know where I can buy a red bath scrunchie from? have you seen on on your travels??

Rainmac beautiful card!!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    Who needs sleeping tablets when you have DST. Posted pics of an insomnia induced thanks card on my blog. Best thing is - I made the card up but didn't dare stick it on a card as I couldn't see properly so decided it was a daytime only task. Stuck it on the card today - upside down and back-to-front. I think I may be better when I'm half blind!

Can I be added to the rota too - day shifts only for me please - I don't do sleepless night!
  • Gemm85
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    Forgot to tell you ladies that I have sold 2 nappy cakes via the florist :T. Well, one properly and one to a friend who wanted me to make her one but insisted on buying it from the shop.

woohooo well done rainmac :j :T:j:T
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dawnteabag wrote: »
    I think I may be better when I'm half blind!
    LOL saying that..............I thought your name said Dawn the Teabag :o:o:o
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Options
    I can't wait until September for those new papers. i just can't. it's all too much............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure