Great 'Cheap Tan' Hunt

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
Pale and sexy still isn't chic. So how do you get that all natural tan when you can't trip abroad, especially if you want to try and keep your skin safe?

I thought I'd ask other MoneySavers to see what they do.... good fake tans, cheapest, easy way to spray.... what's your solution?

Click reply to add your ideas and cheap solutions

threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• lynseyf
    lynseyf Posts: 148 Forumite
    I use Johnstons Holiday skin. Its really easy to use and as long as you go easy around your knees and ankles and wash your hands it always comes out ok. I buy the one for dark skin even though I have quite fair skin. I put it on every night until I go the colour I want then only have to put it on every 2nd or 3 rd night. I also bought it in Boots whenit was BOGOF
  • Boots at the moment have all the piz buin fake tans( was £11.99) now all £2.99

I spent 40 years lying in the sun only to develop skin cancer last year so only fake tanning for me from now on. Silly me eh
    travelover
  • cheekymole
    cheekymole Posts: 3,416
    Forumite
    In Home Bargains Piz Buin Spray (2 kinds, light and dark) £3.99.
    Excellent stuff for nicely tanned legs
    I haven't got one!
  • ms_london
    ms_london Posts: 2,852
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I use St Tropez. Ok perhaps not the cheapest, but I cant fault it. Never gone streaky or orange (I hope!!?!). I use the Bronzing Mist which retails for £29.99 - however I buy it from ebay and usually get the 270ml for around £15.00 - this lasts a good 6 months!!
  • thetope
    thetope Posts: 897
    Forumite
    piz buin as mentioned above is very good. my local chemist always sells it cheap. i tried to use holiday skin but i just went orange.
  • I used to use 'Duo Tan' (say in a high pitch voice for effect!)

Always used with a touch of moisturiser to stop the streaks it was a really nice colour...
    Now though I'm opting for the pale and ill look for the winter months
  • I have just tried Johnson's Holiday Skin and am very impressed. It was offer in Morrisons at 3.59
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    In Boots just now- 100 advantage points if you buy a no17 tan product. ( Use a voucher from the advantage card machine)
    Tan wipes are £1.99- you get a free brush with it and the brush attracts another 100 points, which makes the whole transaction make you a profit of 1p on your advantage card.
    Thanks to liverbird for this from the first post on the boots grabbit thread Here
  • Directcosmetics.com have Piz Buin 200ml body cooling spray for £2.99.
  • Iv'e found Avon's be bronze self tan spray works fantastic on me, i have red hair and fair skin and this is the only safest way for me to have a bit of colour, i think they cost £10 but are always on offer as bogof, no streaks and an even colour.

I also tried out lab garnier when it was on offer last year in boots, the aerosol spray with good results too.
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport