Creative Uses of a Laminator?

Options

Comments

• specialK
    Options
    How about personalised certificates?
    :happyhear We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other.
    If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.
    --- Jeff Warner:happyhear
  • scotgirl
    Options
    Laminate old photos (or copies of photos) and punch holes and put in a ring binder to create a really nice photobook for the grandparents?
    The Best Things in Life Are Free
  • RustyFlange
    Options
    there is a link on the baskets thread to name a free star. you could do one from the children, print the certificate and laminate it :)

I have done one for both my children and one for grandad from the kiddies.
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can also get children to make paper snowflakes by folding a circle into 8 then cutting away at it, remember making these?? Then laminate it and cut out punch a hole in the top and put cotton through to decorate, not a present but they look lovely. You could also add glitter.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Options
    Try www.inthepaper.co.uk I got it from the freebie board and you can personalise the front page of a newspaper. Did one for teenage grandson -he's now 'King of the Consoles'................lol Haven't laminated mine (don't have one) but it would look good done like that I think
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • sweetnskint
    Options
    how about recipe cards! they never get messy cos can wipe clean keep them nice!:o
    :starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Juliav
    I remembered we had a very similar thread last year, so I've merged yours with it to keep ideas together for everyone ;)
    savvy
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • phague
    phague Posts: 762 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this very interested thread
    I am about to buy a laminator and wondered which is the best one/price, and where is the cheapest place to buy the sheets, please?

Someone at work said there mate buys the sheets from Poundland - are all sheets the same??

I was going to buy just a cheap machine (around £12 from Argos or Tesco) - are they all the same??

Thanks in advance!!
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can't help you with the best model or the cheapest pockets, but I DO know they have different thickness, measured in microns or something! ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    I had some old worn out cork placemats , I got a sheet of cheap wrapping paper cut it to size, laminated it and then stuck it on - Voila! New placemats.
    You could also make banners of individual letters made up on word, laminate them use a hole punch and string them together - great fun!
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills