July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• perrywinkle
    perrywinkle Posts: 224
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Just a quickie to say a NSD for me today - did shop yesterday - will update signature later.

Night, night all.
    Perrywinkle
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    angelnikki wrote: »
    pink princess I agree with you - you dont get sent to a speed awareness thing unless you've been caught a few times do you? I'm glad it made you think about it denise

Hi Nikki, I have apologised to Pink Princess and hope she accepts it. You only get offered a speed awareness training course if you have not been caught before (actually, it might be in the last 3 years, I'm not 100% sure), but it is to stop people getting 3 points on their licence, you do the course instead and it costs £95 instead of the usual £60, so is not a totally easy option. I hope that explains it a bit more.
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Hi Nikki, I have apologised to Pink Princess and hope she accepts it. You only get offered a speed awareness training course if you have not been caught before (actually, it might be in the last 3 years, I'm not 100% sure), but it is to stop people getting 3 points on their licence, you do the course instead and it costs £95 instead of the usual £60, so is not a totally easy option. I hope that explains it a bit more.

I think you'll find that it is actually to stop people speeding not to stop people getting points. I hope it worked denise I wouldnt like to see you/anyone else to get hurt/worse [/going off topic]

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Simple alioli=

4 TBSP MAYO
    1 TABLESPOON CRUSHED GARLIC
    1 DASH PARSLEY OR MIXED HERBS
    1 DASH BLACK PEPPER
    SQUEEZE OF LEMON JUICE

Mix together,chill serve with any veggies,crostinis,HM bread sticks,french toast,toasted bread roll with crushed tomatoes -yumyum

I make 2-3 batches a week and give veggie sticks to kids while waiting on dinner to be ready.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    annelouise wrote: »
    Simple alioli=

4 TBSP MAYO
    1 TABLESPOON CRUSHED GARLIC
    1 DASH PARSLEY OR MIXED HERBS
    1 DASH BLACK PEPPER
    SQUEEZE OF LEMON JUICE

Mix together,chill serve with any veggies,crostinis,HM bread sticks,french toast,toasted bread roll with crushed tomatoes -yumyum

I make 2-3 batches a week and give veggie sticks to kids while waiting on dinner to be ready.

annelouise

thanx for posting this i ve never tried to make it ,yet when abroad every year i head straight for it , last year i think i had it every dinner and tea all week .Suprised oh went near me lol.
    Angel nikki i have to say the menu post at the start is great .Your doimg a really good job of running the thread .I m sure you ll thanked by all the regulars .:T
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • cammumof3
    cammumof3 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Hi all

I am glad I found this thread, have been looking most of the day.

I used to go shopping not knowing what I was cooking dinner wise for the week, just brought what ever I wanted, could afford.
    I would pick items up thinking I can do that, that looks nice, not really needing them.

I have been trying to reduce my shopping,my bills, my petrol, my everything for a while now.
    My first week of July I cant say what I spent as I have no record of it, but last weeks shopping I am pleased with, I aim to get to 50 pound a week, if it's possible.
    I now do a time table for dinners and puddings, so when I go shopping I check all my cupboards first and buy what I need, I also now use a shopping list. (taken from my meal planner)

Do I need to do anything to join the thread ???
    July 185.19/200/Aug=170.25//200//sept=81.24/200. 2adults,3 kids + 2 dogs.
    my home page=3.45.Sealed challenge pot=NO-276.
    BOGOF's=16.94/whoopsi=13.12/vouchers=7.70/Wilko's saving stamp 24 pounds/2 pound pot ?count 1/12/08
    Daily Clicks=27.96
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    angelnikki wrote: »
    I think you'll find that it is actually to stop people speeding not to stop people getting points. I hope it worked denise I wouldnt like to see you/anyone else to get hurt/worse [/going off topic]

Nikki
    x

Yes, sorry I actually meant that you don't get points if you do the course, I do understand that the aim is actually to stop people speeding. I have spoken to Pink Princess about this and apologise to anyone else who may also have been offended.
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Hi cammumof3

Welcome to the grocery challenge :hello: I have added you to the list on the first page of the thread.

To make it easier to find this thread again you can add it to your list of subscriptions by clicking on where it says thread tools at the top of the page near the page numbers and then cllicking on subscribe to this thread. To find the thread again all you need to do is click on Quick links near the log out button and then click on subscribed threads and then click where it says July 2008 Grocery Challenge Good luck with your first month :)

Denise I know what you meant but your posts make it look like you paid a bit of extra money and suffered a boring lecture to avoid getting points rather than that you learnt you shouldnt be speeding.
    Also you say the punishment is too light. What sort of punishment would deter you from speeding? Obviously the risk of death hasnt stopped you. So what punishment would? :rolleyes:

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • busy_mum_4
    busy_mum_4 Posts: 110 Forumite
    I didn't make it to Aldi, I realised I had lots of coupons that needed spending and I also needed some weetabix and shredded wheat so detoured to Asda. So I've added to my pin money total and updated my grocery spend. Feeling quite chuffed with myself now.

A pensioner behind me in the queue asked me if I always used vouchers in Asda - she hadn't realised she could use them against her shopping without buying the product. She said she was going straight home to get all the magazines and papers out of the recycling bin to see what coupons she could find.

What do you mean by pin money??
    Is it the money you save by using coupons???
    Do you just keep a note of it or put it away for something??
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • busy_mum_4
    busy_mum_4 Posts: 110 Forumite
    nykmedia wrote: »
    Had to be extravagent and spend on fresh milk and rolls yesterday. Updated my signature but am determined to stick to my annual plan of bulk buys and top-ups. It seems to be working so far. :)

Please tell me you plan of bulk buys, as I am always buying in bulk:j
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts