PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing - Tips and Quick Questions thread

Options

Comments

• redfragglebiker
    Options
    I've had mixed results with freezing noodles as sometimes they go a bit mucshy when you defrost but I've never some to any harm!
    Everyone has a dark side... apparently mine is called Harold?!? :huh:
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I always make double quantities of crumble mix. Put it in a zip lock bag and freeze,when its frozen shake and "bash" it so its free flow and use direct from packet onto your pud.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Is there a good way to freeze banana loaf (if it can be frozen)?

If so how long would it last and what would it be like when defrosted?

I have bananas coming out of my ears!
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wrap it well in cling film, tin foil or freezer bag. I usually try to use it within three months but don't always manage it. To defrost, pop it onto a baking tray and leave it at room temperature. It can be a little bit soggy so I pop it into a warm oven for about 10 mins to crisp up the outside again for that fresh baked taste.

I'll add this to our quick questions on freezing thread later.

Pink
  • Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pink,

Looks like family are getting banana loaf for xmas!
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    It's easier,when freezing cakes or tea loaves,to cut it in slices first.That means that you don't have to defrost the whole thing if all you want is a few slices.
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I defrosted some chicken breast for dinner but there is a lot there,(dont know why I didnt split it up) Will use half tonight, out tomorrow at Christmas party so what can i cook and refreeze, if I even can. I know your not supposed to reheat chicken. Cant even use it friday as Im going away for the weekend
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • squeakysue
    Options
    You can cook them any way you like and then freeze, eg curry
  • harrys_nan
    harrys_nan Posts: 1,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for that, think i must be having a blonde (senior):o moment I just went blank
    Treat other's how you like to be treated.

Harry born 23/09/2008
    New baby grandson, Louie born 28/06/2012,
    Proud nanny to two beautiful boys :j
    And now I have the joy of having my foster granddaughter becoming my real granddaughter. Can't ask for anything better

UPDATE,
    As of today 180919. my granddaughter is now my official granddaughter, adoption finally granted
  • babyshoes
    babyshoes Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ditto that - you can't re-freeze raw meat, but once cooked you can freeze it for later use. Either cook in a sauce or cook it as-is and freeze to use in a meal another time. Don't overcook it the first time, you want it very slightly rare so when you re-heat it, hopefully it won't be dry. Make sure that when you re-heat it you get it properly hot all the way through.
    Trust me - I'm NOT a doctor!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport