IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fb1969 wrote: »
    Probably from the DVLA when they got your name and address.

According to DVLA they dont record your number nor give it to anyone!

Quote from them!

Dear Mr Esmerobbo

Thank you for your email received on 0/0/11. Your email reference number is 000000.

A company requesting keeper details can obtain the information via a form V888/2 or via an electronic link if they have registered to obtain information this way. The DVLA do not capture the telephone number of the keeper on the V5C, and do not provide this information if received from another source to any other parties.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this response then please use our Reply Form or copy and paste the following URL in to your browser:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/directgov/en/reply_form_vehicles.html

When filling in the form the email reference number 000000 will be required.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    edited 17 August 2011 at 8:17PM
    Options
    I find it amusing that the PPC may be asking themselves
    "Who is Howard Roarke ? "
    Hopefully they shrug after saying this.

Thank you for that.
  • howard_roarke
    Options
    Coblcris. Your last post pleased me greatly. John Galt is a little too refined for me. I'm identify more with salt mines and dynamite!
  • howard_roarke
    Options
    CouponMad. I sense your frustration and can see that you are the source of considerable expertise in relation to nonsense parking fines.

Forgive me, I thought that I was adding new information about phone-based harrassment. I had read many of the pre-existing threads before posting. These are articulate about letters but I had found nothing about phone numbers. I thought this was a new tactic.

Of course, clicking on your ID and trawling your posts takes you to the threads discussing numbers but I had not found them using the search function.

For the record, the best advice there I think is (i) answer the phone; (ii) insist they listen to you and (ii) state that you expressly deny the alleged debt.

This trawl also revealled that Graham White (Michael Sobell) is apparently a trading name for part of Roxburghe and not a separate law firm. This was new to me this morning. Until now I thought the best advice was write to Graham White denying their client's allegation.

I think you are right that the boards are now so full of threads from concerned people that seeing the wood for the trees is becoming challenging - even with you sterling work on sticky posts and collated information. Perhaps its time Martin let you have adminstrator rights to these discussions so that you can weed them and make them work more in line with the way that people arrive from Google.

Anyway, just wanted to acknowledge your posts and the fact that they have been very reassuring for me and many others.
  • howard_roarke
    Options
    This forum provides lots of reassurance and discussion of the PCC processes but one of the things I wanted was a clear statement of the Law and the legal underpin for a defence. I was going to collate something myself but I came across this comprehensive and authoritative examination of the law.

Rats! As a new user I cannot post a link so google this phrase: FAQS Private Parking Companies pepipoo pete jones

I would really like to see this link boosted to the top of the discussion forums and made sticky. CouponMad, one for you perhaps.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    Any defence would depend upon the particulars of the case of course.

There are many tools in the box.
  • winnie1988
    Options
    Hi all,

I received a letter today for a £60 parking fine demanding a payment of £114 in 14 days, also from Roxburghe. Is it right that I will now be blacklisted for not paying this or do I continue to ignore this "scam"? I also need reassurance about what to do
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You may be blacklisted by Roxburghe but as you are never likely to borrow from them it matters not! They cant blacklist you or do anything except ask you to pay an amount that is not owed.

Ignore them!
  • rappo85
    rappo85 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah blacklisted by scum of the earth debt chasers, tragic! Seriously though they are a private company with no more power to affect your life than I have. Simples. If the original "debt" was enforceable the oringinal company would have taken you to court, not fanny about with debt collectors, letters etc.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    blacklisted???? where did you get that from,,,anyway quick lesson,, are you ready,,here i go,,,roxburghe debt (we have absolutely no powers) collectors letters are sent to you courtesy of dumb jon,, he works for them but is to stupid to realise he should be paid for his so called duties,his threat o grams have dead dead scary (not in this world) red ink on,,,having followed the advice given=ignore,,,you will then get further threat o grams no doubt,,most probably from the world famous,,,graham (i am not in any way a solicitor,just pretending to be)) white,,,,his letters are sent out by janis,,her letters/threat o grams contain even scarier (oh no they dont) bigger red ink on,,,anyway janis god bless her is on work experience for gw she is consequently unpaid for her duties,,,she spends half her day texting her mates telling them what a dead easy job she has,,and the other half doing her nails,,in the spare red ink she has left,,,oh by the way forgot to say,, she is on the next desk along to poor old jon,,,she fancys him,, but to dumb to realise,,,so yes,, they share the same office,,,do you smell a scam here,,we do,,nothing can/will happen to you,,no crime committed,,,,finally if your original FAKE parking notice was sent to you courtesy of excell parking,,,there letters are sent by lucy lui,,, she again works for free as she is an illegal immigrant and excell threaten to inform the authorities and have her deported if she dare ask for a salary,,she also sits somewhere in the vicinity of jon and janis,, but not near as she has bad breathe,,,,so relax,,feet up,,glass of wine,, prepare for christmas and remember, its all a scam,,not legal in any way shape or form,,,,,so if you are now reassured great,,if you are not you must work for roxburghe?????only joking,,,stop worrying from now,,come back here for a pep talk as often as you like,,dont forget the red ink gets bigger,,unless janis has put it all on her nails.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure