£157.50 cashback from TCB for opening Co-Operative Bank Acc

Comments

• So Badger09 never received cashback from TCB before?
    Jeez, there's no reason he/she shouldn't get it then! And there's me with my lawyer's hat on :D
    BTW I've also opened the account via TCB, so I may be joining in (hopefully not) the grumbling in this thread :rotfl:
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2016 at 5:50AM
    Anyone tried submitting a Ticket on TCB and then getting a stupid error after clicking submit?
    Whoopsie Daisy!
    Something seems to have gone wrong...

We’ll keep our eyes and ears open to try and find out what’s happened, but in the meantime, why not head back to our homepage or get back on track with one of the links below:

If this error persists, then please feel free to contact us with this error code:1890252333

Can't find a place to report that error on TCB either. :(

Mine's a declined £105. While I've had a switching incentive before from Co-op, never had a TCB cashback from Co-op. opened back in April.
  • One stipulation to qualify is to use the Co-op account as "your active account".

Wonder what an active account is? More weasel words that can be interpreted anyway Co-op want.

TCB answered my Support ticket by saying the merchant did not give a reason for declining CB and they would lift the 100 day limit so that I could make a missing cashback claim which they say can take 2 to 4 months.

There was nowhere to say that the tracked claim had been at Confirmed for weeks before suddenly changing to Declined without any reason given. How can you challenge a decision when you don't know the reason?
  • Deru wrote: »
    Anyone tried submitting a Ticket on TCB and then getting a stupid error after clicking submit?

Can't find a place to report that error on TCB either. :(

Mine's a declined £105. While I've had a switching incentive before from Co-op, never had a TCB cashback from Co-op. opened back in April.

Yes, I got that error as well, you could add to the TCB/Coop Bank declined volume on this thread where TCB will answer with a generic response

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519857&page=143

Easy to put a complaint direct to Cooperative Bank as well

I had a feeling this would be a problematic merchant thus I maxed the most stringent T+C that has ever been imposed by .....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71365273&postcount=2840
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 October 2016 at 4:43PM
    I just received a notification from TCB that my missing cashback report has been put on hold because the Co-op Bank say they require further information before they will allow TCB to submit a claim.

But co-op haven't yet told TCB what further info they need! So TCB are waiting to be told, then they ask me, then I tell them, then TCB submits the claim, then Co-op spontaneously combust.......or something.

I believe this to be an additional barrier put before all Co-op claimants to TCB.

What a farce:mad:

Co-op have all the information they need already, they made a reversed decision based upon it for several Confirmed claimants.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I just received a notification from TCB that my missing cashback report has been put on hold because the Co-op Bank say they require further information before they will allow TCB to submit a claim.

But co-op haven't yet told TCB what further info they need! So TCB are waiting to be told, then they ask me, then I tell them, then TCB submits the claim, then Co-op spontaneously combust.......or something.

I believe this to be an additional barrier put before all Co-op claimants to TCB.

What a farce:mad:

Co-op have all the information they need already, they made a reversed decision based upon it for several Confirmed claimants.

I got the same today.
  • :angry:thecoopbank-s.png 18 Apr 2016 £0.00 £126.25
    declined :angry:

First time I have ever done Co-Operative Bank Current Account via a Cashback Site :angry:

Had a call from Co-operative Bank re my complaint, adamant that she had looked at TCB T+C the T+C that she read out are the same as Cooperative Bank 150.00 switch conditions which started approx 3rd May.

Letter is going to be sent to me stating is final response with a screen shot of what is likely to be Cooperative Bank switching offer T+C which started on 3rd May.

I did say to her problem Cooperative Bank have got is TCB/Cooperative Bank T+C are plastered all across this forum.

She said I can take the complaint to FOS in a tone of voice which implied she didnt think it would happen
  • I hope you don't mind me asking but is cash back ever declined after it has been confirmed for quite some time? Matt from TCB is looking into my claim but I wonder if, even now, it could still be declined by Co-op Bank.

Thank you

Crimson
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 7 October 2016 at 12:47PM
    I hope you don't mind me asking but is cash back ever declined after it has been confirmed for quite some time? Matt from TCB is looking into my claim but I wonder if, even now, it could still be declined by Co-op Bank.

Thank you

Crimson

Answer is Yes seemingly when it relates to Co-Operative Bank :mad:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519857&page=143#2851

"That is the correct assumption. Confirmed means we have been alerted that we are eligible for the commission and will be paid in due course"
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I hope you don't mind me asking but is cash back ever declined after it has been confirmed for quite some time? Matt from TCB is looking into my claim but I wonder if, even now, it could still be declined by Co-op Bank.

Thank you

Crimson

Yes, as this is what has happened to me. Was fine for months and then I checked my account and noticed they had sneakily changed it to 'declined' It's currently been sat in support tickets for about 3 months now awaiting TCB to add it to their backlog of claims apparently.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure