"Complete Savings" scheme

Options

Comments

• MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    I have read this thread with interest. Just bought a pair of socks on Debenhams so I could sign up. Sent them my email confirmation to claim £30 back. Went straight back onto Debenhams and bought another pair of socks. Sent them that email confirmation to claim my £15 monthly bonus.

So I am going to get £45 back for spending £6 on something I wanted.

Superb.

Also noticed that B&Q vouchers, Sports Direct voucher and River Island vouchers are all 20% off.

I will use their website to my advantage. Thanks to all the previous posters on here. Will let you know how my "membership" goes.
  • JamesJoyceBand
    Options
    Like many people I have been stung by these Webloyalty people. What horrified me when I discovered the true nature of the "scheme" was that I had been tricked while dealing, online with WH Smith, surely one of the more "reputable" retailers. When I finally discovered that they had been removing £15.00 from my card account each month I contacted WH Smith who refuse to take any responsibility. They tell me it's a "third party" scheme and I must deal with Webloyalty. So WH Smith are happy to endorse and push this click through operation but will take no responsibility for the consequences. See their reply;
    Dear James
    I am very sorry but as this is a third party promotion I am unable to help you with your enquiry on this occasion due to Data Protection guidelines.
    Please contact the Customer Services Department regarding the Shopper Discounts promotions.
    Email: customerservice@deliverydeals.co.uk
    Telephone: 0800 440 2822
    Kind Regards
    Tim Williams
    Customer Service Coordinator
    So this is WH Smith's approach to Customer Service. What do you think??
  • Chrisblue1962
    Options
    I signed up with this scheme on 09.02.2016 and cancelled today, well within 30 day period. Will I still get the £15.00 I claimed when signing up?
    DFW'er - Lightbulb moment : 31st July 2009 - £18,499
    28th October 2019 -
    £13,505 - 27% paid off.
    Demolishing my House of Debt.. one brick at a time!! :)
    Thinking of spending???..YNAB says "NO!!!!"

• Former_MSE_Megan
    Options
    Hi,

Web Loyalty got in touch with us and have sent across the following response for you. Please note that opinions of third parties to not represent those of MSE.

Hello Forum Members:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is, or the details of their membership. If you would like our assistance or have questions about Complete Savings or Shopper Discounts & Rewards, please contact us as follows:

Complete Savings
    Email: customerservice@completesavings.co.uk
    Phone: 0800 389 6960

Shopper Discounts & Rewards
    Email: customerservice@shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk
    Phone: 0800 731 9935

Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm. Alternatively, you could contact me directly at mary@completesavings.co.uk and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
    Mary
    The Complete Savings Customer Service Team

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • GoofyGAT
    GoofyGAT Posts: 1,835 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 March 2016 at 8:23PM
    Options
    I purchased an internet security programme today & the Complete Savings offer had it all on the sign-up screen itself - read the text in the right column under 'Offer and Billing Details' in the screenshot below. Didn't people get this or similar when signing-up? Or, is it something new?

Edit: well, the screenshot got reduced after posting it here making it hard to read, so please follow this link to view it clearly in its original size..

M0T7EtX.png
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why is it that so many times you see "Text removed by forum team" on these threads.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 March 2016 at 7:40AM
    Options
    Yep, everyone gets these. I got them in January 2011 when I signed up. I'm a happy member who has managed to save over £2000 as a member.
    As I've said before (and I often get slammed for it) lots of people refuse to admit they sign up to something, haven't paid attention, then plead ignorance when they forget about it....
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    image.png

This doesn't include the minimum £20 per month saving on Gift vouchers
  • srikanthrv
    srikanthrv Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2016 at 12:36PM
    Options
    Hi stemcgoo,
    I have been a member of this from several years and I have saved around 300£. Earlier any online purchase from anywhere was enough to get the monthly bonus. Now i think the online purchase has to be made from their network. So how do you manage to make a purchase every month to get the monthly bonus?
    stemcgoo wrote: »
    This doesn't include the minimum £20 per month saving on Gift vouchers
  • madmikey
    madmikey Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up with them initially last year and then cancelled with no problem. I then regretted it after they sent me a cashback cheque months after cancelling. I rejoined the scheme a few months later and found it worthwhile.

Joining originally, I did read the small print and was suspicious. It's not good clear there is a monthly subscription. However there are several companies with similar practices. Topcashback is a more popular cash back site. They have a free to use service but their default is a paid service. Also Amazon will default to paid postage rather than the free service.

Getting back to CompleteSavings, they charge me £15 per month. However as long as I make a purchase once a month, with no minimum spend, this is refunded plus I get cashback. In most cases this is 10% of spend. Occasionally you get untracked purchases, but have received all of these on putting in a missing claim. The biggest pain is that it can take 6 weeks to get your money and it's in the form of a cheque. I also subscribe to TopCashback's free service. I've had several untracked purchases not honoured through them. In one case this was for a large amount, but despite having screen shots proving my case I was turned down. The plus with TopCashback is you get paid by BACS and searching for retailers is easier.

I've stuck with CompleteSavings for nearly a year now and received over £100 in cashback and had the £15 fee refunded every month. Overall I'm pleased with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure