"Complete Savings" scheme

Options

Comments

• Money-Saving-King
    Options
    the people who think complete savings is a scam are the people who don't check what comes out of there bank account.
    i check all my accounts weekly,so if the first £10 comes out and you are not happy then cancel.
    i've been with complete savings since june 12th 2012,and i've e mailed countless times with problems that i have had with them,but they get sorted in the end.
    Since june i've earnt £1450,so if you use it rirght you can earn a fair amount,but you need to spend a little,say if spend £1000 you get back £100 and so on.
    i think people are to quick to dismiss it,it certainly isn't a scam.

Wouldn't you be better off using Topcashback for free?
  • PetrSeda
    Options
    I am using them regularly when travel by National Express. Always receive check and cancel membership before first payment :)
  • TenaciousB
    Options
    I have just discovered that this company has been taking £10 out of my account for over a year. I saw a deduction from my bank account under the name completesavings.co.uk so I called them up & was informed that it was due to an an offer I took when booking with Travelodge. I obtained this discount under the illusion that I was dealing with Travelodge a reputable company, as I recall at all times Travelodge's logo was on display so this is misleading. I'm not even sure whether the voucher came through or if I used it.

I was livid, the poor customer service rep got an earful & I am seeking to get all my money back. I complained to Travelodge through live chat but the rep there was none too helpful so I asked for details to take it further up the line. I have also asked Complete Savings for a list of companies affiliated with this them so that I can attempt to boycott them all. It may well be legal but as I say I don't believe their practices are very moral & geared to tricking the vast majority of their clientele into joining up & gaining nothing - as per a thread I read somewhere, if they were an upstanding, transparent company why are there so many complaints? I intend to contact trading standards, Watchdog & an ombudsman address I have also seen, I have complained to my bank - basically anyone & everyone I can. I shall be sharing on my Facebook a I have many friends that stay with Travelodge & may also have been hoodwinked. I have just discovered a facebook group called completesavings scam & have asked to join, maybe I can motivate them all to take this further as I understand a sister company of completesaving.co.uk has already been sued in America.

In short I am disgusted, I am disgusted with Travelodge's part to play in it & any other company who allows you to think you are getting a discount with them when you are signing up to a third party. From what I have read it is in any case a lot of aggravation to make a claim & I would imagine to gain a worthwhile discount of more than the £120 you pay a year must be constant work on an almost daily basis.
  • TenaciousB
    Options
    Has anyone on here received a full refund? How did you get on Ephesians521?
  • KEVR
    KEVR Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I got caught too. I didn't even know I was a member. Checked my bank statement and saw they were taking £10 out of my account every month.
    I cancelled and they refunded me £60. Ryannair's fault. By taking a discount voucher with them I was somehow automatically signed up to this completesavings mob...complete con!
  • KatyBird
    KatyBird Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I just came across this on the Trainline.com. My ticket confirmation page said that I could click a button to claim a £20 cash back voucher to use towards my next purchase. Since I buy train tickets a lot I thought that sounded like a great idea.

However, they very clearly ask you for your credit card details and say they'll be charging £15 a month.

Um... no. I didn't enter my cc details and just closed the window.

Perhaps on other sites they use the CC details you used with the original vendor but in this case they did not.

Well, they'd better not.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Decent post Katy, clearly you have reviewed the information provided and made your own decision here. I find it very frustrating myself at the numbers who post here claiming fraud when in reality they just did not do what you have.

As a happy customer of one of these schemes (4 years and counting with ShopperDiscountsandRewards, over £2000 saved...) I make the most of my membership and think that anyone who takes the time to read what they sign up to and then uses it will feel very much rewarded for it.

The Cashback savings are typically double those of Quidco and TCB (and 10% at Currys or Virgin Holidays is good payback...), the monthly fee is offset by the regular monthly bonus (mine is Pizza Hut) and on top of that I get to buy high street gift vouchers at up to 20% discount (iTunes, Debenhams, B&Q, Leisure Vouchers etc etc)
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wouldn't you be better off using Topcashback for free?

TCB and Quidco are typically only half the Cashback rates of SDR and Complete Savings.

I can get 10% Cashback at Currys on a new TV or Fridge Freezer, TCB pay 2%, 10% at Argos etc, and even 10% on a recent holiday booking with Virgin (vs 4% topcashback)

So, an analogy is do you invest your savings with Halifax, and receive 2.5% interest, or pay 1% commission to a broker and make 10% Risk free return? (Before even factoring in that it is cost neutral after monthly bonus and gift card purchases)
  • geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    A lot of angry people on this thread.

Perhaps they should have read before blindly clicking. Greed does that to people.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    geerex wrote: »
    A lot of angry people on this thread.

Perhaps they should have read before blindly clicking. Greed does that to people.
    Only one I can see is you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport