We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I have a MoreThan Insurance pending this from May 2014 that has sat at confirmed for months.

According to the site: 'We last received a payment from this merchant during October 2014, for transactions in June 2014.'

So this should have been paid in September, and was not included in the October payment either.

Could someone get back to me - 6 months is excessive and there is no sign of movement,

My TCB username is the same as my username here.
  • abandonded
    Options
    My wife's Avast security, has just come up with "the topcashback notifier has a bad reputation wifh Avast users" and has recommended immediate removal. As a knee-jerk reaction, I said that she should but in retrospect wonder if I was right or wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Abandoned
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend.

@sumitb - I am extremely sorry you are having these issues logging in. I do completely understand it can be frustrating. Can I kindly ask you to email mse@topcashback.co.uk? I can then take a look into this for you and see what is going on for you.

@bxboards I can see that this transaction has been confirmed in the last couple of months and therefore I would hope it is paid for soon for you. The last payment received message suggests that we have received payment for some transactions in this period. Sometimes certain transactions can be part of future batches. But if you would like me to take a further look into this for you please email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk.

@abandonded I do apologise that Avast has flagged up this message. This could perhaps be because it is a new piece of software. I can assure you it has gone through rigorous testing to make sure it wont affect your computer. I have alerted our Technical Team about this error to see if there is anything we can do to further to reduce any confusion with this. If you would like any further reassurances please do email mse@topcashback.co.uk

I do hope you all find this information useful and that you have an enjoyable week.

Best wishes,

Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if cashback from Co-Op Electrical is calculated on the price including VAT, or the price less VAT? This question is answered on the TCB site for some retailers but not, as it should be, for all.
    digital
    Options
    Hi digital,

I believe that I have responded to you on Facebook regarding this, I am just getting some clarification on this with our Sales Team and I will be sure to update you as soon as I have heard back :)

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    Options
    Thank you.

Information like this is important.

I think it is essential that we know whether or not cashback is on the VAT inclusive price for every retailer. It does, after all, make a 20% difference.

Similarly, when we view reviews the default sort order should be 'Date : newest first' and not 'Highest star ratings'. I am not interested in what has gone right with a retailer, I'm interested in what has been happening recently. That is much more relevant.
    digital
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    Similarly, when we view reviews the default sort order should be 'Date : newest first' and not 'Highest star ratings'. I am not interested in what has gone right with a retailer, I'm interested in what has been happening recently. That is much more relevant.

I could not agree more and an issue that pops up regularly.
    Tcb won't change it and tcb still use unscrupulous methods of showing the merchant 'satisfaction' rate. They work on the assumption of all being satisfied even without posing a review! Why not assume all are dissatisfied unless a good review is posted? Both would be unfair of course.
    Anyway, this is where tcb mislead (knowingly) their members. The facts are wrong, so must be misleading.

Another tcb positive, Talktalk mobile transactions went to payable, despite going wrong initially (one transaction anyway). So they are indeed a 'faster paying merchant'. Well done.
    I'm still vigorously watching NPower though and will not be messed about there. If I get mislead and messed about, so will others!
    Hoping all goes smoothly, but I'm expecting a fight.
    Still no payment stats despite a reputed 3200+ transactions?
    And a satisfaction rate of 98.78%. :rotfl:
    Happy days!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • digital
    Options
    Reading earlier posts about declined and delayed cashback has confirmed my own experiences.

I have had several click and collect purchases from B&Q go missing or be declined in the past and am still waiting for cashback on a £785 purchase from CCL Online made on September 2013. On the latter, TCB say 'Having chased your claim with the merchant network it unfortunately appears that your claim could not be approved. The comment that has been provided regarding this rejection is that 'Another marketing channel was credited with the sale'. This is impossible as I use a completely separate browser for TCB purchases and never undertake any 'research' on it. On the only occasion I have had a similar issue with Quidco, Quidco have apologised and made the payment themselves. It looks as though I need to go back to using them in preference to TCB.
    digital
  • tuggy12
    tuggy12 Posts: 1,314 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    B_M wrote: »

Another tcb positive, Talktalk mobile transactions went to payable

Positive indeed, mine also went straight from pending to payable today. So the whole procedure only took about 4 weeks.
    Options
    Hi there,

@digital, thanks for your patience while I have looked into this and I can confirm that the cashback is available on sales with VAT included.

In regards to the reviews, we do review the sort order regularly but at present, we are going to be keeping this as it is, members are able to alter how they wish to view these, but your feedback on this is very much appreciated.

In regards to your claim, have you responded on your claim thread with this information? If not, could you do so? Hopefully our Claims Team will be able to get this followed up with the network for you but if you would like me to take a look into this, or any other transactions for you, you can always contact me at mse@topcashback.co.uk.

@B_M, @tuggy12, great news about your Talk Talk transactions!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure