DPD Couriers

Options

Comments

• The_Pedant
    Options
    I ordered something on express delivery from Amazon, which came via DPD.

Love the way you get a text notifying you of the dispatch & the chance to pick another day, then the followup message giving the 1hr timeslot.

Have had deliveries from them a few times. As folks say, if only certain other companies could give as good a service as this!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 17 November 2012 at 2:11PM
    Options
    I would also pay more if I had the choice of DPD delivery.

Zoo Plus for example, once you hit the minimum spend for free delivery, offer Yodel for free or Parcelforce for £0.50.

I realise that is a token amount but would be willing to pay a few £ if I could choose DPD.

Some companies even use Yodel-schmodel for paid for next day/express delivery which I think is awful. Poor service in terms of reliability and tracking when you've paid a premium!
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    The_Pedant wrote: »
    I ordered something on express delivery from Amazon, which came via DPD.

Love the way you get a text notifying you of the dispatch & the chance to pick another day, then the followup message giving the 1hr timeslot.

Have had deliveries from them a few times. As folks say, if only certain other companies could give as good a service as this!

When I spoke to the lady from DPD on Friday, she said couriers had the right to post items through the letter box which I found quite odd. I'm assuming if someone isn't in to sign for a delivery, you get left a card or you might have already requested the item be left with someone or delivered on another day.

There's a lot of complaints against DPD but then there are some positive experiences as well which leads me to believe it is a bit of a lottery as to what service you're going to get (based on area).

I am curious to find out what happened to my package though. I'll let you know!
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    Well the outcome was a neighbour ended up delivering the item this morning (they live at the same number on a different street). I'm really dissapointed with DPD. Given the amount of negative feedback they've received online I don't think it's a one-off mistake. Lots of similar stories online.

I would definitely not recommend DPD as a courier......unless you want to make friends with your neighbours ;)
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    I think what's important to remember when it comes to couriers and online reviews. People do tend to go online to complain. Not like the OP's case where they've gone online to praise.

No matter which courier company you put in google, you'll find complaints about them.

It's like having a great postie. You only realise how good he/she was when you get a replacement.

I've slated many couriers in the past, including Yodel and HDN.

I'm happy to say I've now got good couriers delivering in this area, now if only we could get a decent postie....
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    Well there are very positive reviews of DPD online, which makes me think, as I said, it's down to individual delivery areas. If the same/similar complaint keeps cropping up (i.e. a driver has delivered to the wrong street in the right area), would that not be impetus for the company to address that issue?

DPD/Interlink are poorly-rated in comparison to other couriers (though nowhere near as bad as YODEL). Everyone makes mistakes, no doubt, it just depends on who's in charge in getting things sorted if and when things go wrong.
  • dampdaveski
    Options
    I got something delivered by DPD 2 weeks ago and was amazed that it turned up as per the tracking info and texts, extremely pleased with them.
    Though with carriers I do think it is luck of the draw, what with traffic hold ups, deliveries that mean the driver has to park up (instead of blocking the street! :) ) and walk for half a mile, people not answering the door etc
    I'm sure that if I got deliveries from them on a daily or weekly basis, there would be a time when I was disappointed.
    The level of communication was excellent though and something that other carriers should learn from

amen! :)
    The advice I give on here is based on my many years in the preservation industry. I choose to remain anonymous, I have no desire to get work from anyone. No one can give 100% accurate advice on a forum if I get it wrong you'll get a sincere apology and that's all:D
    Don't like what I have to say? Call me on 0800 KMA;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure