We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DPD Couriers

Options
Have had a few things delivered by them recently. They seem to be a cut above the others. You have an option to change the day and they text/email the delivery slot before they come. Good service compared with some.
Je suis sabot...

Comments

• vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    I'd agree with this, had decent service from them.
  • nonnatus
    nonnatus Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    Options
    I couldn't agree more!!

I use them to send all my large parcels and the service is second to none! As a supplier, it's also made REALLY easy to track the parcels, ensure they get delivered and see proof of who has signed for the parcels in case of a dispute with the customer. I'm VERY pleased :D
  • saxonrosecliff
    Options
    I'd agree as well. They sent me a one hour delivery slot by text on the day I was waiting for a parcel. The delivery man then rang 15 minutes before my slot to check I was in and asked if he could bring the parcel then as he was running early.

Excellent service.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, they do seem to be the best of the home delivery companies. They give you a one hour slot - and stick to it. Yodel recently gave me a delivery time of "between 7am and 9pm"!

The trouble is with Amazon you never know in advance which courier they are going to use for each order. I wish there was a choice.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    I concur, I've had a few large packages (and I mean hefty) delivered via DPD, I get an email with a 1 hr window and the option to rebook it to another slot if it isn't convenient. Yep, certainly a cut above.
  • zootie
    zootie Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    They sent me an email last night to say i would be getting a parcel today. Its not arrived - but I am also not expecting a parcel at all so more intrigued than annoyed!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vodafone use them to deliver phones. Its great to get a text with a time slot. 2 hours i think?

Always delivered between the times they said also.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• sparky0138
    Options
    Totally agree. I was given a 1hr time slot and they arrived at the very beginning of that slot. Why can't all courier companies be that good?
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I always use them through work, they were used by my previous employers and always had great service. When my current employer decided to end their contract with DHL/Yodel I convinced them to swap to DPD instead and we haven't had a problem with a collection or delivery since.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    What's gone wrong? A wholly positive thread!
    Je suis sabot...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family