We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DPD Couriers

Options

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    Options
    I do like DPD, used to use them. Not as cheap as others, but I was happy to pay the extra.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Just thinking how telling it is that we praise a company that can provide a fairly minimal service in the scheme of things as being exceptional! What a sorry reputation that industry has in general!!
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Why does it always happen to me!!
    Reading the good reviews above I must be v. unlucky received e-mail regarding delivery for 15/NOV and was given 1 hour slot, great I thought. Arrived home this pm only to find their card telling me they had tried to deliver. Spent 15 mins on telehone hopefully it will come to-morrow.:eek:
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Another poster with nothing but praise for DPD :)
  • thatlemming
    Options
    They always deliver my parcels to the wrong street :( luckily the lady who lives there is really nice about it, but it's a pain! She even tells then they've got the wrong address and they insist they haven't.
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    Poor experience for me.

I ordered an item with next day delivery with Amazon, the driver missed the delivery window and ended up delivering the item elsewhere (the status says the item has been posted but there's no delivery signature). Contacted customer services who couldn't get in touch with the depot or the driver.

It was supposed to be delivered today as it was a present I was going to give someone tommorrow. They're going to chase the order up on Monday.

There's a lot of mixed/bad reviews of DPD online, personally I'd give them a miss (not worse than YODEL but not far away!)
  • mazza111
    mazza111 Posts: 6,327 Forumite
    Options
    I did have a thread on here where I praised them. Thought they were absolutely first class!
    4 Stones and 0 pounds or 25.4kg lighter :j
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    An idea of just how poor they are:

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.dpd.co.uk

To be fair, they have a company rep replying to messages though it's standard PR damage control.
  • samutiana
    Options
    I use ASOS's next day delivery service 3-6 times a month, and they use DPD. In the past two years only once has the driver not kept to the timeslot - and that's when there was a massive protest in the centre of town and he couldn't get through to my house! He parked three streets away and ran to my door (15 minutes later), totally out of breath, bless him! Top service every time.
  • mr_sharma
    Options
    It just would've been nice if they'd delivered to the right address in the time period they said on the day that was promised!

I'm honestly wondering where my delivery is. Apparently someone's got it, but it isn't me! Will I find out Monday? Hopefully. Good thing with Amazon is that they're happy to refund and chase the courier themselves (they did this for me with Yodel who gave my order to another courier accidentally!)

Maybe it just comes down to the driver and the area they're delivering in?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport