Low-carb diets support thread

Options

Comments

• SHEILA54
    SHEILA54 Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sistercas - thank you. I hope that you enjoy the 60th party. There is plenty of time to get back on track, as we both know, and any gained weight will come back off again.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sistercas wrote: »
    sheila just popped on to wish luck to your brother for tuesday x

i am in a dark place right now in low carb terms. its a hormonal blip i think b ut what a blip . going to a 60th birthday party tonight that is catered ,so no doubt will devour that :o

aliasjo well done on the 5lbs :j keep it up

Hey, I am soooo with you in spirit. :D

(Just remember though, any more than 4 buffet sized sausage rolls crammed in per pocket looks suss. :rotfl:)

Have a good one and we'll expect you here tomorrow shall we? :p
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Gray_Malkin
    Options
    Sheila - just wanted to add my good wishes for your brother on Tuesday. I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you next week too. x
  • andrewsmum
    andrewsmum Posts: 335 Forumite
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »

I have a funeral of a close friend on Monday and my brother is having deep brain surgery on Tuesday so may slip up but I will try. :)

Well done everyone :T

Sorry about your friend Sheila. Wishing the best for your brothers surgery too.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    SHEILA54 wrote: »
    sweet - I chop courgettes, onion, garlic, celery, a couple of baby toms and thyme and fry in a little oil. I then put on top of mushrooms (2) and then mix soft cheese with herbs and cheddar and lay as a paste on top. Cook in oven for 15 - 20mins.
    Very filling and enjoyable.

This sounds gorgeous - I'll buy the mushrooms & courgettes next week & try it, thank you :drool:
    Hope all goes well (as can be expected) at the funeral & with your Brother's op.
    aliasojo wrote: »
    I know I know this, but I just can't remember......what is the 'GG' again?

I want to call them Gorgeous George Crispbreads but I know that's not right. :rotfl:

You can call them Gorgeous George crispbreads if you like, but they're really called (rather boringly) GG Scanbran crispbreads, available from Holland & Barrett (currently buy one, get one half price until 20th September).
    Also, have you tried making ribbons with your courgettes & boiling or steaming them & using in place of tagliatelle/spaghetti recipes?? Or slicing thinly, boiling/steaming & using in mazzers' lasagne recipe??
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    Sweetserandipity, thanks I will look out for that thread.

I quite often see it on page 1 of the Health & Beauty Forum, so it's obviously still going strong :D

Dinner was gorgeous tonight & I now have gammon stock to make soup!! I was really mad though, because the broccoli I was supposed to have tonight (bought in Lidl on Wednesday) had turned completely yellow!! :mad: It may have still been edible, but I really didn't like the look of it (it was all over yellow, not just the edges) so into the bin it went :( I know someone will say I could have used it in the soup :o but it looked disgusting & I think it would have put me off the soup knowing it was in there!! :o
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SHEILA's answer to courgettes :j

I chop courgettes, onion, garlic, celery, a couple of baby toms and thyme and fry in a little oil. I then put on top of mushrooms (2) and then mix soft cheese with herbs and cheddar and lay as a paste on top. Cook in oven for 15 - 20mins.
    Very filling and enjoyable.
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • AudreyHepburn_2
    Options
    Best wishes to you and yours Sheila, and congratulations on the family GCSE results daska.

Thanks for all the recipe suggestions.
  • Mercy
    Options
    Sheila

With all you've got going on maybe it's best to keep all your LC energies till Thursday. Then give it a good swing :)

Sorry to hear of your loss and sending hope and luck and love to you and your Brother.

Don't put too much on you right now food wise. Unless it's a distraction :) Be good and live what you have to.

Much love to ya honeygirl! My thoughts will be with you.

MXXXXXX
  • Mercy
    Options
    murphy! Good news! :j V Happy for you hun! :beer:

Alias! Nice job on the 5lb off! :T You know what is possible, you do it everyday :rotfl: Now you do it foodwise too. Lovin you big hugs girlywhirl! Keep it up else I'll sing.....:eek:

sistercas - here's a little light in your dark place - I love you and believe that you will feel lighter and more relaxed very soon - just for you cos you're lovely. :A

sweets - so good to have you back in full swing. Love to see that pink even if I have to squint in a morn :rotfl: Walking is good and I intend to do some this weekend too. :D

Sorry if I've missed folk, you should know by now that I do love you all. Without you my life would be less lovely. And we can't have that! :j :beer: :T :rotfl:

Have a wonderful weekend all you lovely Low carbers (and clean eaters :))
    MXXXXX
  • Mercy
    Options
    And now about me. :rotfl:

Despite the long weekend and a mega gay day in Manc I weigh today what I did 1 week ago. :j Whew! :rotfl:

Decided to measure myself against 4 weeks ago. I do this in my boyleg swimming costume in front of a mirror. ;) Weight is basically the same.

Boobs minus 1.5 inch (mostly back fat gone thank the deities :rotfl:)
    Belly minus 1/2 inch
    Hips minus 1 inch
    Thighs minus 1/2 inch each! :j

Yipeeeeee! :j :j :j

Nice to be able to share some good news, even if it's just mine :rotfl:

Be happy
    MXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure