The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

VW - OH is definitely commited, but he associates marriage with pain and hurt, which he doesn't want in his life. We've been discussing our future this weekend as he goes to Canada for 4 months tomorrow. He was really sweet and asked if I'd wait for him *snigger* of course I said yes :)

So our plan for the future is get rid of my debt and I'll start saving a deposit for a house, he'll finish uni then throw as much money as possible at his debt. Then he'll pay me back half of what I've saved so we're equal. Then it's find a house, have 2 kids, and I think he's even coming round to the idea of marriage. Although my main reason for it is financial security and having completeness as a family (all same name and good grounding for kids).

Psycho, whenever you fancy a trip into London feel free to pm me and I'll come to meet you for a drink or coffee :)

HelenPie I'll be your friend too :D

With regards to those friends, I found out why it went so catastrophically sideways. I may have made a joke about my friend being in love with his housemate the last time I went to a house party with them (which he is by the way). However, I made the joke to the housemates current boyfriend, which I didn't know at the time. So my friend was lashing out at me for something I'd done months ago and didn't have the spine to confront me about it. None of that group have contacted me since Saturday, so stuff them.

We had a lovely send off for my OH yesterday, I cooked a fab nut roast with LOADS of veg and everyone got really merry. I invited a couple from down the road who he gets on well with and there was my housemate, her OH and her two mates, so a nice group of us.

Anyway, this weeks mini challenge: waste not want not
    This weeks challenge is to use up every little scrap and morsole. Whether it's leftover dindins, the butter you can't get out the tub as it's stuck in the corners or wilting veg. I don't care, use it all up :) Leftover dindins makes for tomorrows lunch, rock cakes from remaining butter, veg into soup ;)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • HelenPie
    HelenPie Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Aww, that sounds like a lovely send off Kerri :beer:

Thanks for the challenge. Will be a struggle for me as think I did most of my using up last week, but there are always more...:rotfl:

H x
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    HelenPie wrote: »
    Aww, that sounds like a lovely send off Kerri :beer:

Thanks for the challenge. Will be a struggle for me as think I did most of my using up last week, but there are always more...:rotfl:

H x
    It's more a case of not putting any food in the bin :) or if you do need to, then try composting it where possible. This isn't the same as eating out the freezer & cupboards, you can still grocery shop :D
  • jenny.b
    jenny.b Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    # 266 extra £30

paid £30 today towards the debt ! :)

apologies for not being vocal, i've turned into a bit of a lurker! lol - but i am still here! :D
  • Canucksfan
    Options
    Hi Kerri, we won't have any problem with this week's challenge. With a big family, there are never any leftovers! My gang are always in and out of the fridge looking for leftovers - they are all skinny little things (take after DH!) but have stomachs that are bottomless pits! Could this be the first challenge I actually complete this year?!? :j
    Which part of Canada is you partner flying to? We had snow here in Vancouver yesterday, but it didn't settle. The East Coast is a lot chillier! :snow_laug
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had a real leftovery dinner tonight :D Miss Lily and I had the left over beef from last night in a roast dinner and the boys had curry made from the remainder of last sundays chicken that I had stripped off and frozen :D
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Canucksfan wrote: »
    Hi Kerri, we won't have any problem with this week's challenge. With a big family, there are never any leftovers! My gang are always in and out of the fridge looking for leftovers - they are all skinny little things (take after DH!) but have stomachs that are bottomless pits! Could this be the first challenge I actually complete this year?!? :j
    Which part of Canada is you partner flying to? We had snow here in Vancouver yesterday, but it didn't settle. The East Coast is a lot chillier! :snow_laug
    Ooh yay, I fail so many challenges but they give me inspiration on where to cut back.

OH is going to be staying in New Brunswick he flys from Heathrow tomorrow and I'm going to work around dropping him off, so start earlier finish later etc :)

Debt busting wise, just ordered £145 worth of food from AF for £35 :D and it was almost exactly 25Kg so made use of the delivery charge. Tonnes of couscous for easy lunches ;) at 6 for £1 they were a bargain.
  • vw_campervan_mum
    Options
    This weeks challenge fits well with my menus - I have bought things to batch cook and all is now in freezer. After tea got craving for something sweet and made 4 jam tarts with leftover pastry scraps (from goat cheese tarts) and ate these with last bit of ice-cream from pancake day last week :D
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • vw_campervan_mum
    vw_campervan_mum Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2012 at 8:52PM
    Options
    VW - OH is definitely commited, but he associates marriage with pain and hurt, which he doesn't want in his life. We've been discussing our future this weekend as he goes to Canada for 4 months tomorrow. He was really sweet and asked if I'd wait for him *snigger* of course I said yes :)

So our plan for the future is get rid of my debt and I'll start saving a deposit for a house, he'll finish uni then throw as much money as possible at his debt. Then he'll pay me back half of what I've saved so we're equal. Then it's find a house, have 2 kids, and I think he's even coming round to the idea of marriage. Although my main reason for it is financial security and having completeness as a family (all same name and good grounding for kids).

All sounds great Kerri - maybe Canada will be good for making him miss you "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" lol
    Debt Free. Have my Van. :) Find dream
    Frugal 2016 Target @£400 per month
    Month 1 £400/£400 Total of 6 Months: £/£2400
    Food £0/£120 pm Diesel £0/£100 Me/DD £0/£80 Yearly (clothes/holidays/presents) £0/£100

It's not the end, it's the journey and how we travelled.
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Debt busting wise, just ordered £145 worth of food from AF for £35 :D and it was almost exactly 25Kg so made use of the delivery charge. Tonnes of couscous for easy lunches ;) at 6 for £1 they were a bargain.

What's AF? Sounds like I need some of that! I've done a Sainsburys shop this afternoon online with some vouchers - £71 down to £39, not a patch on yours!

I'm thinking of not renewing my TV license - £145 is a lot of money for the few episodes of mid-day dross I pop on once in a blue moon. I really don't use my TV for anything other than DVDs. You can still use 'on-demand' stuff like iPlayer and 4od, so what's the point? Has anyone got experience of doing this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure