The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• DorsetGirl_2
    Options
    jakes-mum wrote: »

Ahh bless you, you should have all come! You KNOW your all jealous of my sparkly dragonfly glitter tattoo on my arm :rotfl: I didnt get to have my face painted though :(:rotfl::rotfl:

If only you had it next weekend, I will be passing then on the way to my Dad's - he lives near Stansted (so quite near Psycho I think!)
    Pay off all my debts before Christmas 2015 #165.
  • dd1981
    dd1981 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Have paid off a wee bit more onto my debt tonight and hopefully a bit more this week as have got a little bit coming from stuff I've sold. Am off work this week so will be gutting our flat to find stuff to sell and make some pennies! Going to go over to my mum's and see what goodies I can find there too :D She will be grateful for the help decluttering and I'll be grateful for the pennies!!! New total

#056 £898.59/£9793.81

DD
    x

P.S. Jakes-mum that party sounds absolutely awesome! Way better than soft play or anything like that and very MS too! Very impressed by your efforts :T
  • recurrent-ostrich
    Options
    Weigh in -only 1/2lb off this week, but I'm quite pleased because I've really slacked this week.

Total anyway, #049 3.5lbs/42
    Long haul supporter #290
    POAYDBX2014 #043
    LBM Dec 2011 Debt £51K Debt Nov 2014 £42K
  • iwanttogoonholiday
    Options
    managed a payment this morning ( still waiting on my cc as well) so thats -

£232.52 / £6,809 #215

woo hoooo :money:
    Learning to keep within budgets !

:money:
  • Canucksfan
    Options
    :)Hi Folks
    Hope you all had a good weekend. I am writing this from under my double layer of duvets...still no joy with getting the boiler replaced-we just do not have the money. I have got heaters going in every room, so we are going to get a whacking electricity bill, but we have snow here in Canada...Brrr :eek: I have done a fair bit of overtime which helps, but the OT will come to an end soon. Still it meant that another $400 could go towards the credit card bill. I also lost 1.4lbs - yay! Don't know how that happened, but I am making more of an effort to meal plan, which will hopfully help my waistline too :dance:
    This week's mini-challenge has been fun. I tried documenting my spends in the diary and added in a couple of my plans about how to save more money. It is all the unexpected little things that crop up that throw all my planning out of the window. One of the children needed new school shoes and then a trip comes up at the school that needs paying for and so it goes on!
    I had some fun trying to keep within my budget this week. I was pushing the trolley round the supermarket, trying to keep with the budget. However over here the price that is listed for the bread/eggs/chocolate etc is not what you pay, because although it may be labelled as costing one price, they add a tax called HST of 12% on to it at the checkout. That can make it hard if you are paying with a limited amount of cash. I walk around with my phone on trying to keep a running tally of what I am spending, but then at some point my youngest always manages to hit the degree button on the calculator or something and then I lose my total. :T for clever toddlers! Of course, before I left home that day I decided to leave my debit card at home, just so that I couldn't be tempted into buying anything...but then I was sweating bricks at the checkout when I thought that I didn't have enough $$$ - I just scraped through by the skin of my teeth!
    The children are starting to catch onto the paying for everything by cash. They understand that we won't be going back home to England this year, but that if we all count our pennies, then next year will be a real possibility - hurrah!!! :beer: Anyway at this age, they are just as happy going on a camping trip in nearby Whistler (it is just lovely there for walking in the Summer time) as going on a pricey foreign holiday!
    This evening I have just watched two episodes of Season 2 of Downton Abbey AND the pilot episode of 'Sherlock' on PBS-a true smorgasbord of quality TV!!! Watched it while scoffing a McDonalds Happy Meal-after 4 days and night of sandwiches at work, I am ready for good nutritious fare! I have a few days off work now, so I can revel in being Mum again.
    Have a good week people - I must finish catching up with you all - I am now up to the day before jakesmum's party! Thanks Jemma - great work!

MSE#249 Canucksfan
    Debt: $800/$17018-95
    Weight: 3.9lbs/70lbs
    'You've got to tell your money what to do or it will leave!' Dave Ramsey
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    DorsetGirl wrote: »
    If only you had it next weekend, I will be passing then on the way to my Dad's - he lives near Stansted (so quite near Psycho I think!)

Yep, I'm there somewhre :) Will give you a wave!

Glad the party was a success Jakes-Mum! Hope you are feeling ok today x
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everybody, no payments for me today but I will be visiting the PO with my fleabay purchases, sold 29 items for £61.87 which will be getting deducted from the amount my sister owes me. She's got another 3 boxes of carp to give to me today as well.

Hope you all did well with your challenge this week, if you didn't then there's always this week there are no losers here :)

Mini challenge:
    This weeks mini challenge is to pay by cash. If you're going to do the food shop, don't stick it on your card, take out the amount you want to budget for (so mine is £20), and don't take your cards with you. This will help keep to budget. Going out for drinks? Take cash, to stop you spending more when intoxicated ;) although always make sure to keep a hidden £10 in your purse for the cab ride home. Shopping trip? Limit your spur of the moment shops by not being able to whack it on the card.
    I find that when I'm paying by cash I realise the value of the money I'm spending. Whereas I fritter it away when spending on card not really noticing where it's going.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • choclover
    Options
    Well, went to Aldi yesterday and got a trolley load for only £46! Which will mean I'll have extra money to put towards my debts at the end of this month!
    £2013 in 2013 £866.71/£2013
    DF by Xmas 2013 #027£841.28/£6000 (14.02%) 12/2
    DFD February 2015 £2,303.63/£19,520.26 (11.80%)
  • Ruthy1604
    Options
    loubie_lou wrote: »
    I am going in August!! Cited much!!! :beer::beer:
    Ahh - me too! All my friends are fed up with me going on and on about it :rotfl:I'm sure they are just jealous!
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all!Some of you sound like you've had busy weekends and there seems to be plenty of debt-busting going on, well done everyone!Waiting for payday on Friday before I can do anymore debt-busting. I like this week's challenge Kerri, wished I'd done that on Friday. Ended up putting £92 on the CC when I'd only planned to spend £50 :-( Shopping with DH is soooo expensive, it's like shopping with children, hee hee! Hopefully I won't need to go shopping this week except for cat food and maybe milk. Famous last words...Had a free day out to the seaside yesterday. Took a flask and butties, parking was free because it's out of season and we used DH's works van (I know he pays tax to "cover" costs but don't have to pay for diesel anymore) and a fantastic time too :-)lost 2lbs this week too, yippee!Keep debtbusting xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure