The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HAPPPY NEWWW YEEEAARRR DEEBBBTTT BUUUSSTTTERRRRSSSS

jakes-mum, I've been in the deepest darkest depths of Wales at the OH's mothers in Fishguard where they don't have any chain stores and apparently no broadband :O

Lovely new thread Mf0u I did get confused as to why the pages weren't increasing as I was catching up.

I've managed 4 NSD's since I was paid, which is actually quite good. I've paid the balance on the Vanquis, which does mean I'll have to dip into emergency money as I've lent to both the OH and the sister, but should get this back soon enough.
    Veg box for this week is on order and arriving on Thursday, so yummy soups/pastas/use up cupboard stuff for the rest of the month. I don't want to spend anymore money on take-away, how expensive is it seriously?!!?

Idris, I read your post about your daughter nicking the rum and thought "wow I was just like that", it's a phase she'll get over it and come good, I did and I was a right terror :)

Money is super tight this month and my sister has moaned that even thought I bought my nephew nice xmas presents and his entire santa sack, I haven't got him a 2nd birthday present because his birthday is tomorrow, does she think money grows on trees? So kinda need to buy him something.

Whoever bought the Cath Kidston bag, if you can sew then stop! Grab some fabric or FQ's from the interweb in cath kidston stylee and sew your own. I made a washbag for the MIL for xmas which cost me about £10 instead of £20+ :) Pretty fabric at cheap prices, and she couldn't tell it wasn't shop made *winner*

Oh and I've made a payment!
    Made a payment to freemans of £20 + interest
    New total is £1100/5030
    I'm a little bit worried about the start of this new job, it might mean I forfeit my bonus if I hand my notice in too early, I really need to check my contract to see what it says. Bonus is up to 10% of wage, and afterall new job have made me wait four months. So hoping that the new contract gets delayed in the post, fingers crossed. Although I really want to start the new job, even £1000 would make a massive difference to my debt or even help with that inbetween stage. However, the sooner I get onto expenses paid, the sooner I don't have to pay for travel and lunch. Grrrr.

Hello new people! Welcome to the loveliest thread on the interwebs *waves*

This weeks mini-challenge, announced early, is to eat out of the freezer and cupboards. You bought all that food for Christmas, now eat it all up :) tins, pastas, spaghetti that takes ages to cook, stews, soups made from wilting sprouts. I wonder who can have the cheapest grocery budget of the week???
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :wave::wave::wave: Yay Kerri, you're back!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave:
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • debtfreeeju
    debtfreeeju Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 1 January 2012 at 7:52PM
    Options
    I've made another payment today - a whopping £14! I took an unnecessary purchase back to the shops and was a good little MSer and it's gone straight towards debt.

So my total is now:

#14 £1309/£9650 13.56%

Tomorrow is (I think) the date my debt SO comes out, so I should be back with another £250 to report tomorrow! This really is rather addictive!
  • theposhbint
    Options
    Welcome back Kerri I'm loving the mini challenge. I know I've enough bits n bobs left over, they will probably last me a while & save my shopping budget for the week, yay! :)
    DF by Christmas 2014 #116 | £435 / £2931.07
  • rich8996
    Options
    Hi All No payments as yet as I need to get paid before I can make any progress, however I have updated my SOA and sent this to all my creditors. The Mini Challenge is a great Idea. Tinned soup can make great pasta sauces if you have any leftovers, Most people probably know how to make Dough but we have made this batch and it make enough for 3 pizzas or stacks of breadsticks or 12 pittas, you can freeze this cooked or uncooked and uses up leftover flour,

250g Plain flour
    250g Strong white flour
    1 & 1/2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
    1 Teaspoon of dry instant Yeast
    1 Table spoon of olive oil

Place the flour in the bowl
    add the salt and yeast
    add the oil
    add 325ml of warm water
    Mix to a rough dough
    Flour your surface and need for 10 mins
    once elasticy and no longer sticky place back in the bowl and cover with oiled cling film
    Allow to rise for an hour (or 2 )
    Shape into whatever you like, Rolls, Pizzas,Bread,Flatbreads,Breadsticks,Pittas

Bake at 220 (gas mark 7) for 15 mins

Cheap as chips :D

Rich
  • SeduLOUs
    SeduLOUs Posts: 2,171 Forumite
    Options
    Car broke down today :( Was hoping to make a few more payments, but they will have to hang fire until I find out how much it's going to cost to fix. Awesome start to my debt free 2012!
  • theonlynuttytart
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

could i please join? I have got to clear £2,070! I am determined to clear as much as i can by whatever means i can!

Can you also put me down for the weight challenge? My aim is 14lbs. This is my personal challenge and this should keep me on track!
    Sealed Pot Member 1269 :D VSP... TO UPDATE!
    No more toiletries challenge..... Making progress! :T
    GROCERY CHALLENGE £100 January 2012 :j
    I MUST RESIST CHOCOLATE! WELL SOME OF IT ANYWAY!
    :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun
  • cyclura
    cyclura Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ohhh hello all,

can you put me down please, I have 2 debts I would like to clear but the CC is the most urgent so I will be throwing most of my cash at this. If I only manage to clear the CC this year thats still a bonus for me :D

Anyway I want to clear

CC £3200
    Loan £3450

Total debt to clear £6650
    Debt Free...yay! 10/09/2013 :j

• mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 1,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    This weeks mini-challenge, announced early, is to eat out of the freezer and cupboards. You bought all that food for Christmas, now eat it all up :) tins, pastas, spaghetti that takes ages to cook, stews, soups made from wilting sprouts. I wonder who can have the cheapest grocery budget of the week???

What have you done to me???? I've now put a To Do list together for tomorrow including a full inventory of what is in our fridge and freezer and making up meal plans for them! We should have enough here to last us all month with only buying the bare necessities of fresh fruit and veg. We'll then buy the staples such as fresh meat and buy in bulk when it's on offer. I'm actually quite excited by this which is bloomin weird! :rotfl:
    New Debt Journey: Pay off £19,622.91 by 30th April 2015 :T

Debt at Highest: £43,073 :eek:
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    HAPPPY NEWWW YEEEAARRR DEEBBBTTT BUUUSSTTTERRRRSSSS

jakes-mum, I've been in the deepest darkest depths of Wales at the OH's mothers in Fishguard where they don't have any chain stores and apparently no broadband :O

Hurray!! your back :D:D:D

Ooooo im sooooo up for this challenge, ive got a months worth of meat in the freezer and a cupboard full of pasta, sauces and G/F stuff for Jake. Thank you co-op and your 6 vouchers of £5 off £30 spends! you must have known Kerri would come up with this :rotfl: I reacon I can get away with only buying milk and bread this week if I remember to take out stuff for dinner everyday :D:D will I be the cheapest? :rotfl:
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure