PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

dog hair

Options
12346»

Comments

• Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't realise they still make magic brushes! I'd recommend them if you can find one, mine is from the 60s or 70s and works great. I also have a proper boar hair bristle brush from Kent Brushes that's very good too. Either should sweep the hair off pretty easily.
  • meames_2
    meames_2 Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I have a jml brush, I may as well not bother, Its not the carpets of the hard floors that are really the problem ( they are, but only part of it) i brush up or use the dyson, its mainly when I wipe cupboard doors or skirting boards, I just smear fur about!

The dog follows me around too, but how does fur end up at the top of the kitchen cabinets and over the fridge?
  • Nicoll
    Nicoll Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My bedroom carpet drives me mad the most, the dog sleeps down the side of the bed. At night he comes up to bed with me, walks across the room to his basket and doesn't move until the following morning when he walks back across the room again.....BUT my carpet is always covered in dog hair!!!!:mad:

Maybe I bring some up on my feet but I always have bare feet not socks so not much can be stuck to them!

If anyone has any great tips I would love to hear them, I've tried grooming dog daily, he still moults. I sweep my wooden floors once or twice a day with a rubber broom which is fab for getting the hair up but turn around and it's back!

I dread to think how many hairs OH and me end up swallowing :eek:

Damp cloths do help when wiping down surfaces with dust as well as dog hair.

I love my boy dearly but boy does he make housework!
    There is no issue so small that it can't be blown out of proportion
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A damp chamois leather does the trick :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As both of the recent threads on dog hair have fallen from the front page of Old Style I've added them to the main thread on dealing with dog hair to keep the suggestions in one place.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport