Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

View Single Post
# 991
Justamum
Old 28-09-2009, 6:37 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahava View Post
Where is everybody on this thread? [big tumbleweed passes through] how is everyone? still following a vegan diet or fallen of the wagon?
I was thinking about this thread today myself (great minds and all that )

I thought you might (or might not :confused be interested in what I made yesterday. My DD1 wanted me to make toad in the hole. I've got a couple of vegan recipes for it, but they do tend to be a bit on the heavy side. So I decided to adapt the scotch pancakes recipe from the parsleysoup website.

8oz sr flour
2 tsp salt
couple of tsp dried herbs (if you want to put them in)
350ml soya milk
vegan sausages (I like the Redwoods ones)

Mix the dry ingredients together, then whisk in the soya milk.

I made it in individual dishes, which fitted one chopped sausage each. I put the chopped up sausage and a bit of Pure soya spread in the tins then put them in the hot (about 220C) oven to heat up, then I poured on the batter (about half filled the tins). I had some left over, so I made some individual yorkies in muffin tins. Then I put them in the oven and cooked them for about 20 minutes. They were much lighter than other vegan toad in the hole batters I've had. It made 5 individual ones and 5 spare yorkshire pudding type things (of course they don't rise the same as proper yorkies). They were very tasty anyway.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

I don't use Twitter myself. I simply walk around with a mega-phone announcing at random intervals what I am doing.. I have three followers already. Though I suspect two of them may be policemen..
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justamum For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top