Comments

• Always_Harassed
    Options
    Menu for today:
    B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette with 3 pieces bacon
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese
    D - coronation chicken with some kind of veg

Have a good day everyone, tis lovely & sunny here :wave:

Coronation chicken sounds great. Tried searching for the recipe but couldn't find. Would anyone be able to help. Got some recipe books from the library so going to see if I can get any inspiration. Am being really good but still get quite bored with some of the meals.
  • Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all!

First off, thanks for the great post paula, you've been here and done it so I will be reading it again as I think I need to do 'something' more to get where I want to be. Cheers babes!
    HanSpan wrote: »
    I found a frankly sneaky, but unlimately less stressful, way of dealing with this when I went visiting. I packed S&V peanuts and low carb snacks in my suitcase. I just ate very little at dinner - easiest when you help yourself, and being particularly sneaky by putting a VERY small amount on my plate then taking ages then having REALLY small seconds so no-one noticed. Then eating my hidden snacks at another time. It did make me feel a bit like a naughty child but it avoided the conflict and arguments with my 'all fat is bad' hosts. It meant my diet was far worse than usual with too much cheese (bought when out and eaten on the hop), nuts and 'fake' bars and things but it did mean my intake of carbs was much much lower than it would have been if I'd just eaten with them.

I've got so used to this WOE that it amazed me what was in their food and made it fairly easy to resist. Even the chili had baked beans in it and all I could taste was sugar.

Might not be a plan for everyone, and certainly I don't do it when I go and see friends who know how I eat and are willing to make small adjustments so I can avoid the carbs, but on some occasions I really just find this easier.

I do something similar when I visit mates in Switzerland. I always pack my case with little packs of porky scratchings, pepperamis etc stuffed in the spaces :) The last time I took some cheddar n Red Leicester for breakfasts with boiled eggs. Next time I'll pack more as my mate (who is Bolton too) went almost orgasmic at the presentation of 'real' cheese and scoffed quite a lot of it :rotfl:
    Gers wrote: »
    I'm so lucky that work is manic... love my job and the opportunities it gives me, but it doesn't half mess up food plans. Today I 'found' one, only one, giant white chocolate button on the back seat and promptly ate it. :confused: :j Mmmm. I did smack myself afterwards as retribution :A
    One giant white chocolate button won't break the bank, the fluff would be relatively high carb though so I hope you blew on it first :rotfl:
    Happy LC Thursday evening whatever you eat and whoever you eat it with.

sweets - cheers hunni! :kisses3: to you too! My back is almost normal by this eve :j Bet I'll be stiff int morn but I am definately getting better.

sticky - I'm with HanSpan on this, see above :)Best of luck!

Daisy - great car! LBD sounds just perfect, have fun, hun!

MXXX
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    Todays food
    B - cheese n frankfurters
    snack - 2 chicken drumstiks
    L - pork n veg stew
    D - 2 chicken drummers with brie and salad, bit of cranberry sauce, so good with brie.

Not sure if I'm eating enough, have done more when working late but it still doesn't seem much. when you add up the carbs n calories.

Heyho! Am always working or sleeping these days so will work it out when I can be bothered. All seems well health wise - nails r strong, bowels function appropriately, hair grows at an alarming rate, skin is clear, weight remains the same :rotfl:

Off to play scrabble then bed.

Big love all!

MXXX
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Always, my low-carb version of coronation chicken is just cooked chicken, mayo & curry powder all mixed together. Simples!! :D

Made tiramisu Mark II tonight, it was much nicer as I could really taste the coffee this time. Forgot to buy mascarpone/cream cheese so just used the whipped double cream again nomnomnom!!

Mercy, just to let you know, my Dad loves your chocolate buns, will be making him a batch of his own next time!! :rolleyes:
  • HanSpan
    HanSpan Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HanSpan, I love those S&V peanuts, I always have a bag in the house for emergencies. Also, almonds (preferably not the sugared variety :o) are good for snacking on.

Our local Tesco ran out of the bags so Malcolm bought me tubs - they're bigger peanuts and not so good IMO. Its the S&V flavouring I like really, wish they'd just sell bags of that;) My other nut fetishes are chilli cashews (from the corner shop near work) and black pepper cashews from M&S (have tried pertty much everyone else's and not a patch on M&S).
    On the other hand - Marmite cashews - YUK, despite the fact I like both cashews and marmite!
    I like your sneaky way of dealing with visits to friends/relatives, I always end up eating more than I intended, just to fit in with them. Makes me not want to visit anyone, so will have to give it a try!! :rolleyes:

My real saviour is that I stopped eating carbs to avoid repetitive, drug resistant thrush. Explaining that if I eat potatoes and sugar I'll have thrush the next day so its just not worth it works with both boys and girls - boys tend to just go 'ewww' and be willing to let me eat whatever I like as long as I don't continue to gross them out - girls (particularly those who have suffered themselves) are incredibly sympathetic and immediately willing to help me avoid anything that would trigger an attack.

For me its a true reason but there's absolutely nothing to stop you guys 'borrowing it'.
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Morning peeps :hello:

HanSpan, lol at your thrush post, can just imagine their faces, especially the boys!! :rotfl:

Sooooo glad it's Friday, it's been a long week. Tonight will involve TV, wine, S&V peanuts and/or crispbreads with cheese. :D

B - 2 egg cheese & mushroom omelette
    L - 2 low-carb crispbreads with butter & cheese
    D - bol with cauli mash & garlic mush

Pud will be tiramisu using the last of my chocolate buns!! Eek, will have to make more!!

Happy days everyone :wave:
  • paula7924
    paula7924 Posts: 236 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2009 at 4:25PM
    Options
    tee hee. I've got the lurgy at the moment so i've been looking at the other weight loss threads for some amusement and blimey do we have the best deal! Weight Watchers are all going on about wanting sweet treats (perfectly fine it would seem), celebrity slim are all living off shakes and processed meals, and everyone seems to be worrying if they're eating too much in general.
    I just want to shout at them if you're hungry then eat, and stop eating all of that rubbish!
    I love LC!

and does this sound a bit mad to you

"Q - However, I still have a healthy extra B to eat and syns, but I don't want to eat anymore food. Do I HAVE to eat another healthy extra and my syns for the plan to work?

A - The syns are there to help you stick to the plan, sometimes life happens and we fancy eating something that isn't strictly healthy (like a mars bar!) so your syns are there for you to use and SW does encourage you to use them. As you get closer to goal weight your syns will reduce in number and if you havn't had any you have no where to reduce from!"
    My name is Paula and I am a low carber :kiss: 1/6/08-83kg : 1/5/10-57kg :kiss: (Atkins/IPD) 24/1/13 - 69kg! Yikes!:cry::cry:
  • Always_Harassed
    Options
    Just made some meatballs. Put some herbs, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in with a handful of grated cheese into mince. Really tasty and could do many varieties. Will do curry ones next time. I left them to cook until they were quite hard on the outside. Eat with cooked veg my favourite mashed turnip or cauliflower cheese.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    paula7924 wrote: »
    tee hee. I've got the lurgy at the moment so i've been looking at the other weight loss threads for some amusement and blimey do we have the best deal! Weight Watchers are all going on about wanting sweet treats (perfectly fine it would seem), celebrity slim are all living off shakes and processed meals, and everyone seems to be worrying if they're eating too much in general.
    I just want to shout at them if you're hungry then eat, and stop eating all of that rubbish!
    I love LC!

"Q - However, I still have a healthy extra B to eat and syns, but I don't want to eat anymore food. Do I HAVE to eat another healthy extra and my syns for the plan to work?

A - The syns are there to help you stick to the plan, sometimes life happens and we fancy eating something that isn't strictly healthy (like a mars bar!) so your syns are there for you to use and SW does encourage you to use them. As you get closer to goal weight your syns will reduce in number and if you havn't had any you have no where to reduce from!"

In a word YES!

It sounds like lunacy. The problem I think is that low carb often gets a bad press as 'unhealthy'. Maybe someone can explain why eating a Mars bar - even if you don't really want one - is healthy. :confused:

Today I've eaten
    B Smoked salmon, cream cheese & watercress. (BIG yum)
    L Smoked mackerel salad
    D Prawns with leek, garlic mushroom & cream sauce with cauli mash.

This isn't an untypical day. I'd love someone to explain what exactly makes this an unhealthy diet???
  • Mercy
    Options
    Always, my low-carb version of coronation chicken is just cooked chicken, mayo & curry powder all mixed together. Simples!! :D

Made tiramisu Mark II tonight, it was much nicer as I could really taste the coffee this time. Forgot to buy mascarpone/cream cheese so just used the whipped double cream again nomnomnom!!

Mercy, just to let you know, my Dad loves your chocolate buns, will be making him a batch of his own next time!! :rolleyes:

Yay! The good news is spreading! :T
    paula7924 wrote: »
    I love LC!

Hope the lurgy is temporary, babes.

Yep, that is funny and so wrong! Right with Dobie on this :beer:

MXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure