PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Diary Archive August 2006

Options

Comments

• taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARIES TO PEN PEN AND SNOOZER !

Managed to get a couple of hours more sleep eventually after mulling over several issues worrying me at the moment.

Am off to Aldi later, don't get the chance very often so am looking forward to getting some bargains.
    Made some absolutely delicious cookies yesterday, sort of a cross between a cookie and a viennese biscuit, ate the lot!:o - well I did give a couple to the kids first:D They were from a recipe in an old Dairy Cookbook.

Hugs to all who need them:grouphug:

Back later:D
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Options
    Morning :hello: ... Hugs to everybody who needs them, especially Ageandjo and Lillibet ... Happy anniversary to PenPen and Snoozer ... Nelski, next time you go out with the Ticklemice, make sure you invite me :D ... The Mouslings can go on the rides with you, and help you make fun of me for being such a wimp :o (and I'll bleep out all the expletives this time! :D) ... Well, once again I got bu99er all done last night :o ... well, apart from the insurance phone-call which I'm pleased to have got out of the way ... Tesco currently has Bombay Sapphire gin (my favourite) on special offer, so I broke my "no spirit purchases except during the Christmas offers" rule and treated myself ... ooooh yummy G&T with lime ... I had managed to pick up some Finest vine tomatoes and a big pot of basil in the reduced section at Tesco on Wednesday, so went to Lidl for several packs of their 28p mozzarella, and am now sorted for salad suppers for several days! ... Still need to cook up all the cheap ravioli I got the other day, s'pose that'll be tomorrow morning! ... Am out this evening ... First am meeting my little brother for a drink (he's a student but is currently in London a few days a week during a summer job placement) ... haven't seen him for ages, not since Christmas I think! ... Then am going to see a ballet, "The Bright Stream" ... I don't usually go to ballet, in fact I must have been about seven or eight times in total in my entire life :o ... but my housemate had a spare cheapie ticket and nobody to go with ... So I hope I enjoy it! ... See you later ... Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • tootles_2
    tootles_2 Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Unless we are going to the US we never take anything other than hand luggage, I can get a weeks clothes in a trollycase, and OH carries the laptop......the reason.... no extended wait at the luggage reclaim....... out of the airport before the crowd, I have learnt over the years ...... I take a polybag with some detergant in so if our trip is for more than a week I can wash out knickers etc and I have a tiny travel iron which folds up real dinky, the other thing I l always take is a low wattage kettle , tea bags and coffee unless it says that tea and coffee making facilities are provided. I hate buying drinks from those damn machines, ssssssssoooooooo expensive and taste awful, the only decent one is uaually the chocolate and eventually you get sick of that too. I stuff the kettle with anything soft, ie rolled up knickers, its amazing what you can get in a small case if you try.......

Living in the sunny? Midlands, where the pork pies come from:

saving for a trip to Florida and NYC Spring 2008

Total so far £14.00!!
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello everyone:hello:

Big hug to ageandjo and shez:grouphug:

Lilibet my mum's birthday is today as well:) I think your Spud and my eldest share a name too, mine was 11 two weeks ago. My goodness how the time flies. Your picnic sounds fab.

Nothing much planned today, kids are all chatting to a neighbour child at the front door and making the house cold. My ds1 is thoroughly disgusted that Steven Gerrard wasn't picked as England captain and I can hear him chuntering on about it to the neighbour child:rolleyes:

I might bribe them to weed the drive which looks a mess. Then a bit later we might make a trip to the butcher's for some sausages and bacon. Dd is off to stay with granny on Sunday for a few nights so an eggy menu is planned while she's away - toad in the hole, pancakes, meringues, brownies are possibilities.
  • MimiF
    MimiF Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,

Happy anniversary Mr & Mrs Snoozer and Mr & Mrs Pen Pen!!

Ageandjo - ((((hugs)))) - thinking of you.

Taplady - recipe please!!!

Catowen - finally got some muffin cases at Sainsburys last night so recipe for raspberry and white chocolate muffins would be much appreciated!! Already have the white chocolate as was going to make lemon and white chocolate.

Well, I resurrected the BM last night as i have finally made a home for it in the newly cleared broom cupboard, made a white loaf which went down very well this morning. What I will mainly use it for is dough though to make rolls for the morning, try to stop the kids having bowl after bowl of cereal.

Have a bacon joint in the slow cooker and have emailed DH his instructions for the day (hanging out washing mainly as per usual) and for dinner tonight as I am off to a friends 30th in London. Should be a good do, we are getting a limo from Windsor and then dinner and dancing in Mayfair. Cannot wait for a really good dance. Have to be ready to go by 18.30 though (gulp) so will have to somehow do my nails sneakily in the toilets at work today :o , legs are shaved and just need to decide what I'm wearing!!!

Cannot believe how cold it is, this time last week I was sunbathing by the pool at 6 o'clock, feel like I haven't been warm since we got back. Dug out the kids jeans and hoodies today and they wore socks for the first time in about a month!! DD has been waking really early so last night I wrapped her up in a blankie under her duvet and she slept until 7.45. I usually do this in he winter as she realy seems to feel the cold, can't believe I'm doing it in August though!!DS slept until 8, bless him.

Breakfast - muesli and pear.
    Lunch - was going to be HM bread s'wich with smoked salmon, black pepper and lemon juice but DH ate all the smoked salmon so now need to go to Marks, which I'm not pleased about but will stock up on free teaspoons there for kids packed lunches, which will ease the blow a bit!
    Dinner - DH & kids - bacon joint, jacket pots and veg, Me - 3 course meal and loads of vino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Have a happy weekend all!!

MimiF
    :beer:
  • tra_2
    tra_2 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    The hall is perfect for Tiny Tinkers 2 (playgroup). Can open in October. I'm quite excited. It will be attached to a pre school which also means I will still be near Thoams should anything happen but he won't know I'm there. I'm such an over protective mother!
    Member 105 of 1% at a time - 23/100 :j
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all. Not read the thread through as I'm going gozzy from reading the threads on knitting LOL

Nothing planned for today other than searching around for some craft ideas for Xmas gifts. I'm letting DD watch Christmas videos all day as a treat.

I should really go and do some washing up now though. Later
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • Queen.Bess
    Queen.Bess Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I hope you are all OK and looking forward to the weekend!

Running out of a few food items at home so off to the supermarket after work. Will probably take the plunge and look at the reduced section to see if there are any bargains to be had! My worry is that I'll end up buying stuff that I don't need, even though it's reduced! Has anyone else done that, and then thought 'what am I going to do with this?'!!

Day out with friends tomorrow (taking packed lunch with us which is good!) and then over to my Mum and Dad's for lunch on Sunday. OH has promised to mow the lawn at some point, but I won't hold my breath!!

Have a good weekend!
    Official DFW Nerd Club #20 :cool: Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D DFW Long Hauler #109 :o

Slowly, Slowly = Oct '09: £30693, Aug '15: £14820. Could Be Debt Free April 2020, but hoping for sooner!
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mimi, my muffin recipe is one i got of the recipe thread, cant remember whos it was tho, but its this =
    10oz plain flour
    3 tsp baking powder
    3oz sugar
    1 egg
    8floz (240ml) milk
    3floz (90ml) corn oil or melted butter (i use butter!!!)

Mix all ingredients together, but dont over mix, or the muffins become all heavy. You can add any extras you like, i normally use a large handful of rasperries and the same amount of white chocolate. Cook for 20 - 25 mins at 190 C. Then try not to eat them all in one go (which is not easy!!!)

Have already cleaned the bathroom and toilet, washed and hung out all my bedding and cleaned the kitchen, although i really fancy muffins now, might have to go and make some!!!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PENNY AND SNOOZER

Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All! :D things are much brighter in Chez Shez today!
    Happy anniversary to Mr&Mrs PenPen and Mr&Mrs Snoozer! :beer:

reading all yr posts this morning about muffins, cake has started my tummy rumbling! snowy - you have baked some blueberry muffins - arrgghhhh!!!
    how did you resist in the nite???? Have quickly flylady bathroom, DH will hoover later in place of Au Pair Mum! cooked lovely dinner of NZ Lamb Chops (reduced in tesco) v.nice (hope dont offend Kiwichick eating a native!), cleaned and took down paddling pool.
    was gonna try and pop back later last nite, but i was shattered and fell asleep! sorry kaz i wasnt up for chat and munchies with you!

DH is taking DS to the doctors for his Pre-School Booster this pm:eek: :eek:

aussielass - loved the womens prayer!
    ageandjo - hugs to you, try to stay calm and positive.
    lillibet - Salmon Plaits, Roast Duck - you sound like yr doing pretty fine in the OS stakes to me!!!! (showing me up:o )
    catowen - dare i say i would like the raspberry/choccy muffin recipe aswell:o !!!:D
    penpen - enjoy your camping trip! "ging gang goolie" and all that:rotfl:
    chipps - hope you enjoy yr new "bouffant" today - wont be a mullet will it? heard its back in fashion!:eek:
    pooky - enjoy yr stay in the hotel, nice to have break especially if it has those fluffy white bathrobes!
    bargainrzl - gosh yr always on the go girl!!! good luck to ya, you only live once (or twice in Mr Bonds case) whats the price of tesco bombay sapp? i love that and have run out!
    mimif - have a great time out in limo/dancing - ive always wanted to go in one of them - i like the look of those funky hummer ones! with neon lights and music etc! must book that one day!
    thriftlady - steven gerard, my son is a fan of his too (liverpool supp - why when we live in e.london? dont ask!)

betta go do somework, enjoy yr day/weekend everyone!
    xx
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family